Mushroom Corny

Levels posted here need a lot of work before they're ready to be played.
Ethereality
Banned

Mushroom Corny

Postby Ethereality » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:53 pm

I decided to do a level, but now very good. Thanks,

Screenshots:
Spoiler: show
Video:
Download link!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/h66ql ... +Corny.zip

Please give a review of my level! Thanks.
Last edited by Ethereality on Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

CopyLeft
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Re: Mushroom Corny

Postby CopyLeft » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:59 pm

Well, the name of the level fit.

This level had a good powerup placement, good NPC placement. However, there is cutoff.
Also, what was with the toad saying, "Hi bossedit8!"? Bossedit8 might not play this, and people besides bossedit8 will play this. It was rather unneeded.

However, there wasn't anything original or remarkable about this, as the title states. There isn't much else to say, besides that this should go in Average or Pretty Good, although between the two, I am not sure.

One more thing, put your screenshots in a spoiler for convenience sake.

PaperMarioFan
Rex
Rex

Postby PaperMarioFan » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:24 am

EpicMarioBro wrote:Well, the name of the level fit.

This level had a good powerup placement, good NPC placement. However, there is cutoff.
Also, what was with the toad saying, "Hi bossedit8!"? Bossedit8 might not play this, and people besides bossedit8 will play this. It was rather unneeded.

However, there wasn't anything original or remarkable about this, as the title states. There isn't much else to say, besides that this should go in Average or Pretty Good, although between the two, I am not sure.

One more thing, put your screenshots in a spoiler for convenience sake.
What the hell? You preview levels? You can review about screenshots (nor downloading) if yes... so please property my episode Luigi the Marvelous Compass? I add much screenshots with my levels))

Ethereality
Banned

Postby Ethereality » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:02 am

New video!

SanicHegehog
Koopa
Koopa

Postby SanicHegehog » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:36 pm

So, I am new to this as a whole, and I am a noob, but I hope I can give my opinion too :3
I liked the power-up placementt a lot. The way the goombas and koopa-troopas are placed in the level are neat too. Honestly, I hate the Football Guys, but I know that without then, the level woud be really easy.
However, I found a Toad that says: "Hi bossedit8" I am not sure if you want a lot him to play the level, but other people might play it, you know.
The other con in this level is that there is nothing to mark on it, it is so simple, it is just a regular level, Mushroom Corny is a good name for it.
By the way, there is a probably a way to get those coins and I am too lazy or nooby to get 'em, but I hate when there are coins, power-ups or areas that I can't go!
Also, você é do Brasil também? (Are you from Brazil too?)

CopyLeft
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby CopyLeft » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:06 pm

PaperMarioFan wrote:What the hell? You preview levels? You can review about screenshots (nor downloading) if yes... so please property my episode Luigi the Marvelous Compass? I add much screenshots with my levels))
I understand you are from Russia, but I have no idea what you are saying.

Reiuji Utsuho
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: Time to make myself disappear

Postby Reiuji Utsuho » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:08 am

EpicMarioBro wrote:
PaperMarioFan wrote:What the hell? You preview levels? You can review about screenshots (nor downloading) if yes... so please property my episode Luigi the Marvelous Compass? I add much screenshots with my levels))
Provided "property" is some sort of spellcheck/ auto correct error I think he's asking you to review his episode or something along those lines. ~

PaperMarioFan
Rex
Rex

Postby PaperMarioFan » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:03 am

Neko-san wrote:
EpicMarioBro wrote:
Provided "property" is some sort of spellcheck/ auto correct error I think he's asking you to review his episode or something along those lines. ~
Yeah you right.

Reiuji Utsuho
Snifit
Snifit
Flair: Time to make myself disappear

Postby Reiuji Utsuho » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:26 am

Review: Mushroom Corny by Izturo Mashiro
{Gameplay: 10Pts | Scenery/Music: 10Pts}

Gameplay:
1 out of 10
Izturo, I apologize. I hate to be a harsh person, but I feel that being harsher here is needed, because I noticed the exact same flaws in the last level of yours I reviewed too and I want to get this point across. You won't be a good level designer unless you take criticism and improve yourself. Feedback is the most important thing you can get and no matter what else, if you ignore it, the chances of improvement drop off.

First of all this level is too long for what it is. All I did through out was jump over enemies, because that's pretty much all you have to do. The enemy variety on the main part was poor. Also the spacing of NPCs felt... static, by which I mean that whole same distance apart thing. Completely predictable. It's not fun to spend three minutes jumping over enemies and finally reaching the end. A good Long level usually takes advantage of its length to offer up action, bosses, bonuses, or other types of challenge. Not here. Just 'jump over this enemy, then this one, then this one' it's repetitive and it's not fun.

The bonus in my opinion was also poorly done. I would say too many coins as you can't even reach some of them and the toad that says "Hi Bossedit! How are you?" is unnecessary and adds nothing to the level.

I could credit you that the level's beatable and does something, but the 'something' it does isn't good.

Scenery/Music:
3 out of 10 {1.5Pts Scenery | 1.5Pts Music}
The scenery isn't terrible, but not good. I would say you had a good variety of object to use and for a long level you need to keep things looking good too. You partially succeeded in this because while I find it slightly lacking what you have does sort of do its job. Same cannot be said for your 'cave section' however. There is no scenery, no BGOs. It feels empty (oh wait I guess that would make sense?) No seriously though, there are objects you can use in caves as well and if not default, then definitely in the way of custom graphics. Overall it wasn't the worst, but I would call it disappointing.

The music didn't really fit to me here. I know it's a default track, but I personally though Nimbus Land would be a better fit. Anyway, not bad, but not fitting. ~

Conclusion:
4 out of 20Pts {2Pts Overall {Rounded from 2.00}}
I have to say it and I hate it, but this level is not fun nor is it good.

Your level is too long for simply jumping over Koopas, Goombas, and Football Players and yes most people will end up doing just that. Just like the last one I reviewed it's like you have your own set way of doing things and refuse to change it. It's better to have a short level that actually elicits enjoyment than a long one that elicits boredom and disinterest. I'm afraid to say that I wouldn't recommend anyone to play this level really. It's three minutes of jumping with a small coin bonus.

This level needs work. In fact I would say this would fix it:

~ Add more enemies, in variety and have them spaced out varied. Placement is questionable, variety is poor.
~ Either make this level shorter or add more action to it, in terms of moving around, challenges, bosses, ect.
~ Change the music to the level.
~ Check the scenery and make it more varied. It seems rather plain.
~ Add more to your bonus area or get rid of it completely.

You last level was kinda the same way and as much as I want to see you improve, ignoring complaints and criticism is not the way you're going to go about it. Best of luck to you, however. ~

*Moved to The Trash Can

Return to “The Trash Can”