Slime Factory Sneak (UPDATED)

They're not that bad, but they're not that good either.
SecondScolipede
Blooper
Blooper

Slime Factory Sneak (UPDATED)

Postby SecondScolipede » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:48 pm

Oh jeez, why am I doing this?
This is an autoscroll level! So for those of you that don't like autoscroll levels, check it out anyways! It uses mostly GFX from KingOfBoo's Slimy Factory Tileset.
Link: http://www.smbxgame.com/forums/v ... 31&t=11295
The rest of the graphics are recolors done by me.
Screenshots:
Spoiler: show
This screenshot is a bit weird. I mean, all of this appears in game, but not as it does in the screenshot.
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8tnhjtm109w2h ... 9.zip?dl=0
EDIT: I know the slime-goombas have broken death animations. I did not make them, and I do not know how to fix those broken animations.
Last edited by SecondScolipede on Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheKingOfBoos
Panser
Panser

Re: Slime Factory Sneak

Postby TheKingOfBoos » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:45 am

Thank you for using my graphics! I'll check this out when I have time!

SecondScolipede
Blooper
Blooper

Postby SecondScolipede » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:13 pm

TheKingOfBoos wrote:Thank you for using my graphics! I'll check this out when I have time!
Alrighty! I do just need to let you know, the slime-goomba death animations are broken. I don't know how to fix it.

Also, I just wanted to say, the snifits are yellow because I wanted to make them look like they are wearing hazmat suits. But laziness, so recolor.

ZIkeRIT
Swooper
Swooper

Postby ZIkeRIT » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:53 am

Realy good gfxs KingOfBoos,and realy good level Scolipede!Those snifits look's good

SecondScolipede
Blooper
Blooper

Re: Slime Factory Sneak (UPDATED)

Postby SecondScolipede » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:55 pm

Updated it with a bit more BGO's in the ending section, a few repositioned NPC's, and other small fixes.

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:35 pm

SecondScolipede wrote:the slime-goomba death animations are broken.
You know you could just flip the gf over and rename it to an effect right?

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Re: Slime Factory Sneak (UPDATED)

Postby PixelPest » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:58 am

Official Review of Slime Factory Sneak

Level Design and Gameplay (weighed 70%): 5.2/10
This was an interesting autoscroll level that presented some interesting challenges but seemed a bit too random. Although there was a lot of variation, there was a bit too much with several interesting gimmicks that just passed you by once and then moved right on to something completely different. The atmosphere of this level was good, but not great. Although the airship idea near the end was interesting, it kind of ruined the factory feel for me. One thing that really needs to be improved is coin placement. Just like Airship Factory Funk, there are mostly just a few bunches of coins scattered around the level; this causes a few areas to feel a little bland. There was also no need for the springboard as far as I’m aware. On a final note, the end feels a little too cramped.

Graphics/Music (weighed 30%): 6.8/10
The tileset for this was an interesting choice. It worked quite well throughout the level. A few things I’d like to point out are the SMW springboard, the power-up blocks, the seaweed, and the wooden platforms. The SMW springboard and wooden platforms don’t really fit the style or theme of this level and the seaweed doesn’t make sense in a factory setting. To add to the atmosphere, the power-up blocks would look a lot better if they were gray or green. The slime-goomba-creatures also had a broken death effect and they also have 1x1 pixels. You always have interesting music choices for your levels—this one wasn’t any different. The music was interesting and it fit quite well.

Overall: 5.68 (Average)
- interesting autoscroll level
- too many gimmicks
- a few minor graphical errors
- coin placement really needs improvement
Final Comment: This level was interesting but a little too random. Since it is a weak point in what I've seen from you, try to focus on good coin placement in your later levels. Better coin placement could easily get this from high Average to low Pretty Good.

Return to “Average”