[POLL] Guests

For topics related to SuperMarioBrosX.org. Suggest anything that you would like to see on the site here.

Should guests be allowed to post in the Sandbox and Video Games forum?

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 3
aero
Palom
Palom

[POLL] Guests

Postby aero » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:35 pm

Can guest poll voting + posting be allowed in the Sandbox and Video Games forum? I'm asking because there's basically a monolithic vibe of discussion geared toward Nintendo/SMBX/Personal Questions in these forums that are supposed to be general. Not to the fault of people creating topics in these forums, people may not be interested enough in the threads to make an account here just to give input to a thread they found interest in. Also since people who are interested enough to make an account here are interested in SMBX; they'll only make threads that fall under the Nintendo category. Allowing guests to contribute breaks away from this and offers a bit more diversity in opinion than just from Nintendo fans.

Please vote as to whether or not guests should be allowed in the Sandbox and Video Games forums. If you select "no," please explain why.

HenryRichard
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: Is this where I type my password?

Re: [POLL] Guests

Postby HenryRichard » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:47 pm

No. If they want to discuss something here, they should register.

mechamind
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: You can set your mind to it!
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Postby mechamind » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:48 pm

There needs to be a third option for "Video Games only". The general section is supposed to be aside on a themed forum, though it is possible to connect SMBX to other video games.

PersonNamedUser
Birdo
Birdo

Postby PersonNamedUser » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:53 pm

I don't think they should be aloud to because most of the replies would be anonymous replies and also some people would post troll things
or may make useless posts and based on how many guests are on all the time, the sandbox and video games topics would be clogged with
anonymous replies.

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:05 pm

HenryRichard wrote:No. If they want to discuss something here, they should register.
Why?
mechamind wrote:There needs to be a third option for "Video Games only". The general section is supposed to be aside on a themed forum, though it is possible to connect SMBX to other video games.
I've heard it stated that this entire forum was supposed to be a general hangout rather than just SMBX. I don't see why SMBX needs to be connected to everything.
SuperMario12345 wrote:I don't think they should be aloud to because most of the replies would be anonymous replies
All of them would be anonymous, and this is not even a bad thing.
SuperMario12345 wrote:and also some people would post troll things or may make useless posts
Members do this too, I don't see how this point is relevant.
SuperMario12345 wrote:and based on how many guests are on all the time, the sandbox and video games topics would be clogged with anonymous replies.
Again, anonymous replies aren't inherently bad. They can actually be beneficial if you've read my topic about meta-posting. Also, the only thing different between an anonymous user and a registered user is the lack of a record (previous posts, medals, ranks, etc.) and a username+email. The only difference in moderation would be more IP bans because there's no names/emails to ban.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:14 pm

We're not going to allow guests to post in any forum, sorry. The general discussion forums are for community members to discuss those things, not for random people who stop by. If they want to join the discussion, they can join the community. If someone wants to anonymously talk about something they should go somewhere else. This is not the place for anonymous discussion.

Also, discussion about SMBX goes in general and discussion about Nintendo/video game stuff goes in Video Games. The Sandbox may not be the most interesting forum but if more interesting discussion is desired then the community should make that happen, not guests that are browsing the forum (and if they're browsing this forum then they're not going to be radically different from people who are already here anyway).

Return to “SuperMarioBrosX.org”