Unforgiving Fortress (fixed)

For the levels that stand out among the rest.
Darkonius Mavakar
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted
Flair: Dreams of a forgotten reality
Pronouns: He/Him

Unforgiving Fortress (fixed)

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:48 pm

The bane of the Judges in the 6th contest.
i fixed it though!
-no insta-kill lasers!
-different sprites!
-no more selfish-avatar sprites!

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage

https://www.mediafire.com/?9ebi19a3400q9c1
and don't forget to review <3

Raster
Banned

Re: Unforgiving Fortress (fixed)

Postby Raster » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:43 am

I liked this level.

The graphics fit well but the laser-shooting statuette look out of place. Maybe change its colors a bit. Other than that, I didn't really notice any graphical issues, but I think you should recolor the giant Bowser to normal. The colored one looks weird.

The gameplay is OK mostly, but there are issues. First off, I think the player should be able to use doors from each side so that they can get items they missed in the previous section. Also, the red Bowser statuette glitches and kills the player when you stand on it and make it change direction. This is incredibly unfair as the statuette can be used as a great platform. The first phase of the Bowser fight is incredibly dull and the explosion hitbox is too large.

So overall, this level gets a 8/10 from me. Good level.

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Postby RudeGuy » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:32 am

I remember this level when I played it in ToB5. I liked it for the graphics, but not for the difficulty and for the boss. I hope now it is more easy.

Darkonius Mavakar
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:39 am

The first phase is dull on purpose, didn't you read his textbox? also i made floor warnings for the lasers, and the turning statues are taken directly from Star Expedition, and they can't be fixed apparently, i take that as a feedback and not as a fully detailed review, also how can you miss items if there aren't any? if you mean the power-ups, well, even if the door weren't one way, the item can despawn; so uh... thatnks for the feedback i guess...

Cacazk
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby Cacazk » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:59 pm

This level is a classic among castles.

Darkonius Mavakar
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:15 am

Woah don't review this all at once!

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:47 am

My Playthrough:

Original YouTube Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBanH5-VA3M

My only complaints that I have on your Level is that there is a little low amount of Power Ups. Give your player a bit more Chance to get through your Level, please (at least one or better two more throughout the Level Contruction). I really like your Update though. Now it has a better difficulty going on but I still do not like the whole "20 Hits until Bowser is defeated with a Mecha Koopa" kind of deal. It is just a bit too long for every Boss Battles to go. My only suggest to make the health lower than 20 Hits is make a NPC appear that hurts the SMB3 Bowser (SMW Sawblade, SMW Kamikaze Koopa) and also put it either above or inside Bowser (and the NPC has to be Not Move on Yes). Then make a Event that makes the NPC that hurts Bowser disappear after like no matter of seconds from a event that appears the SMB3 Bowser after the first Fight with the Billy Gun (Example: If you use 1,5 Seconds it will hurts Bowser 10 Times while the NPC is inside the SMB3 Bowser NPC but the other 10 Times can be used to the player to defeat the Boss entirely). Of course you can adjust the delay speed to make Bowser's health either lower or higher than just 10 Hits...

Darkonius Mavakar
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:49 am

Thanks bossedit, that boss has a lot of health for a reason: it was the final boss for mario time revived so...

also no reviews yet?!

glitch4
Banned

Postby glitch4 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:37 pm

I think it should go to the Pretty Good section.

HeroOfRhyme
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby HeroOfRhyme » Tue May 27, 2014 2:27 am

Decided to review this level first before going back to the other one I said I'd review. Lets take a look, shall we?

Unforgiving Fortress - Darkonius Mavakar

Graphics: 10/10

Wow. That's what I said as I was through your level. These graphics are fantastic. Best set of castle/fortress graphics I've seen today. I really wish I could find flaws with the graphics of your level, but It's not possible. Excellent choice of graphics.

Enemies/Placement: 10/10

First set of enemy placement I've ever seen that was good. Especially the Statues, those were tricky some times..and you pulled a classic Nintendo with the end having all the big statues there on a hallway. Expertly done. The Bowser battle was great! I loved how you had bowser power up like always. Really well done battle. However to me it was a bit too easy to beat him.. So perhaps put the difficulty up just a tad more?

Style/Asthetics: 9.5/10

I had lag...and for the third review, this has to be an internal issue by now..so I'm not deducting any points off this time. The Style of the level was really well done, and I have to say the idea of this level is well thought out. It was really detailed, and that's really good. However so parts of your level I found hard to get past..and others were just killer jumps. Perhaps putting your ceiling up a block or two would make that better.

Items/.etc: 9/10

I really have to say that you could've put more items in the level. I feel as though you focused more on design, and less on item placement. Most of the blocks ended up as coins, I found two fire flowers at the end.. Not to mention throughout the level I died a bit with lack of items. I say spread items out and balance them. At least one per room. Longer rooms get two. That's my suggestion. Otherwise Items are OK.

Overall: 9.625/10

Just fantastic. I don't exaggerate my scores.. So this is genuine. This level is really great, almost perfect. Lets hope to see plenty more levels from you. This was really well done.

Darkonius Mavakar
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Wed May 28, 2014 11:59 am

Woah, you're the only one that didn't complain about the laser statues.

Kudos to you.
and thanks for the review!

PROX
Banned

Postby PROX » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:34 am

the level was awesome, it took me forever to beat bowser's second form though lol also the laser statues were kind of unpredictable. Sometimes I would jump and they wouldn't shoot, and other times, I would jump right into the laser. Still an awesome level.

CalebDavidMcgee
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby CalebDavidMcgee » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:15 pm

Nice! I'll try it! ;)

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She

Postby underFlo » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:50 pm

CalebDavidMcgee wrote:Nice! I'll try it! ;)
You should post your opinion after playing the level or at least judge from the screens, just saying "I'll try it" won't help anyone

Aviici
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Aviici » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:00 pm

I played this level and is fantastic! the graphical choices were great, the desing was very good, and I like the bowser's statues, the boss is very funny without be very hard and very easy, good job!

What is the name music BTW?

firelord
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby firelord » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:16 pm

could you tell me how to make lazers

Return to “The Best”