Secret Oriental Castle (CC11 8th place)

For the levels that stand out among the rest.
Black Mamba
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish
Pronouns: They/Her

Secret Oriental Castle (CC11 8th place)

Postby Black Mamba » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:09 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4bj3k ... Castle.zip
This red coin level made it to 8th place.
DA REVIEW:
Spoiler: show
8. Uzendayo - Secret Oriental Castle (8.44/10)
  • Bomber57 (8.0/10)
    • These oriental graphics are pretty nice. You go around the level and collect 8 red coins. This level does that right, because each area that had a red coin felt distinct. The level is rather small, so finding them isn't too crazy difficult either. The platform attached to the top of the one thwomp was pretty cool. Personally, I found the fill tiles for the stone to be a little bit of an eyesore. Probably just how saturated it is.
    bossedit8 (9.0/10)
    • Lovely Paper Mario music choicements right there. I really like what you did with this level and the whole concept of it. This makes the red coin hunting mission fun to be honest. I really love the graphics and the gameplay of this level but even then there's something that I don't like. One, sometimes it feels kinda cramped like at the water area. Second, the black background and the black "door" background is very hard to notice if that's an actual door or not due to visuals. Third there's a Thwomp that has a attachement to a block but once you stand there and if the Thwomp is at the complete top, apparently you glitch through the blocks due to the Thwomp's movement and doing it correctly it can kill you unfairly. The rest was just relatively nice and I really liked it.
    Chad (9.0/10)
    • This was a super enjoyable level! The atmosphere is gorgeous, with an excellent variety of places to visit despite the level being fairly small overall, and each one is crafted really well but each in a completely different way. The mountainside is an upward climb of nicely-arranged sizables, the cave is a small inner passage, the castle exterior is made up of separate layers of rooftops accessed through different means, the interior is a complex wooden maze of enemies and spikes, and the underwater portion is a careful navigation of tight passages. The red coins don't have complicated placements, they just require you to go to every place there is, which is very thoughtful considering it's the one mandatory goal this time around. I really admire the detail as well, especially inside the castle. I can't think of anything that the level really did wrong, anything that it felt it was lacking despite its short length, or anything that really needs to be changed. It squeezed so much into such a small and easily manageable area and everything about it felt good and right. Very impressive work.
    Quill (8.7/10)
    • This was really fun! The area you got to explore looked gorgeous, it was a decent length and the red coins were just generally fun to find. I would have liked to see more secret areas to discover and explore, but that's a bit nitpicky. Overall, excellent job!
    Valtteri (7.5/10)
    • This is an okay red coin challenge type of level. I would get rid of the Thwomps because as much you would like to use them they hardly fit anywhere but classic castle levels. Besides that it's really a nice level. It's a simple 8-coin challenge and it doesn't take it too far.

Return to “The Best”