Can we make Rp's yet?

lighthouse64
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Can we make Rp's yet?

Postby lighthouse64 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:58 pm

Ok, 6 months ago we couldn't make any rps. But since no one is making them still, I wonder if we are even allowed to make them. I know that joey said something about setting up, but it shouldn't take over 6 months to set up this forum area. And what is becoming of the temporary archive place? Is it actually going to be temporary??? :?

Here's what Joey said anyways:

Until we get everything set up/restored. Hopefully that'll be soon!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I bet this topic will get archived anyways. And probably locked. :(

Murphmario
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Can we make Rp's yet?

Postby Murphmario » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:48 pm

Agree'd. Also, please don't make it Mario-only, as that will reduce the amount of rps that can be made.

Danny
Reznor
Reznor
Pronouns: He/Him, They/Them

Postby Danny » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:31 pm

Right now I'm working on something for the roleplaying and I was talking to Joey saying that I will submit my draft when it's finished and we can take it from there. Right now we can't make RP's but with the thing I'm working on and if it is accepted, we might be able to soon.

lighthouse64
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby lighthouse64 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:14 am

Cool! :) Aw man... but I guess it really is true that we can't make rps even after 6 months.

Murphmario
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Murphmario » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:31 pm

Alright now... but what is with the archives, and why can we post in them?

lighthouse64
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny

Postby lighthouse64 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:47 pm

Murphmario wrote:Alright now... but what is with the archives, and why can we post in them?
Because they're temporary, and the game masters just put everything in here. -_-

Blaze Moonspear

Postby Blaze Moonspear » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:36 pm

Would telling you I'm a necromancer be roleplaying? For whatever reason, people don't believe me when I tell them that. Can't figure out why. :roll:

Danny
Reznor
Reznor
Pronouns: He/Him, They/Them

Postby Danny » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:29 pm

Question for all of you. If there was a forum roleplay that, instead of just base roleplaying, also had more in-depth gameplay mechanics and some combat mechanics, how in-depth would you want it? Would you want it to just be simple stuff, or would you like flexibility? Obviously the system I am working on is flexible enough that if you want you can take it, incorporate your own rulings and whatnot to it, and submit it as your own roleplay, but if there was one base roleplay with actual gameplay mechanics, how in-depth would you want it?

E.G. you are a spellcaster, but you must choose a school you belong to and that determines the type of spells you can specialize in and cast, such as Pyromancy, Necromancy, Cybermancy, etc.? Would you want it with more in-depth character building and gameplay mechanics like that, or would you want it simplistic enough to just quickly make up a character without all of these complex choices?

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:46 pm

I'd be all for a Paper Mario style RP with story, NPCs, chapters etc., except with multiple players versus the enemies. Everyone would be a "Mario" - own badges, FP, and coins. People would either designate a leader or vote on where to go. Moving around "town" decisions (like buying items and badges) would have to be done all at once by the group - it would get too complicated to track everybody. This is a bit deviant from the games, but I don't think there should be save points or game over - sure, if it's something like the pit of 100 trials, going back to the start would be sensible, but getting kidnapped by enemies to Bowser's Castle or getting knocked off the cloud world into an heretofore unknown location would be a good plot twist that couldn't be done in a regular RPG plot.

Chip Potato
Ninji
Ninji

Postby Chip Potato » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:37 pm

I'm not unfamiliar with the concept of roleplaying, as I've actually done it since around 2012. However, I mainly just use tumblr.

I would be open to roleplaying in a forum environment, none the less. Sounds like it'd be a lot of fun.

Blaze Moonspear

Postby Blaze Moonspear » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:32 pm

I'd probably be fine with something like that.

Return to “FF/R Temporary Archives”