Hello there!

Come in and introduce yourself.
Telinc1

Hello there!

Postby Telinc1 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:18 am

Hello everyone! My nickname (I've been asked before if that's my real name as funny as that sounds) is, quite obviously, Telinc1. I've got a lot of different interests including Minecraft, Pokémon, Super Mario and most important of all — making websites. I care about clean, valid code and all that. I discovered SMBX a couple of years ago, back when it "had trouble with Nintendo" (I asked around and it seemed like those were lies, somebody may be able to confirm?). I even made an episode that, well, to put it simply, sucked. The levels were short and bland and they were all thrown around. After moving on, I went back to Super Mario World hacking, which I had gotten bored of, and after getting bored of it again moved on to Pokémon hacking.I decided to try SMBX again and see if I can make something good, at least better than my first try at it. I hope I have a great time here with all of you!

bossedit8
Banned

Re: Hello there!

Postby bossedit8 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:26 am

Hello and Welcome to the Forums. I am @bossedit8 who still likes SMBX till the day and even record them for my Channel to enjoy them. I also make Levels and I really like that a lot when it Comes to editing like that.

Have a very nice time and please be sure to follow the Forum Rules.

h2643
Birdo
Birdo

Postby h2643 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:35 am

Welcome to this forum and enjoy your stay here, it's great to be here.

Julia Pseudo
Ludwig
Ludwig
Flair: gay gaymer girl
Pronouns: She/her

Postby Julia Pseudo » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:33 pm

Welcome to the forums, Telinc1! Check out the forum rules if you haven't yet and have a good stay here.

John The White Yoshi
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby John The White Yoshi » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:19 pm

Well met, Telinc1. I'm SuperWhiteYoshi64. I'm not well-known around here but I am currently helping someone make an RPG game, but I'm going to talk about that. This post is about you, my friend. Welcome to the forums and I hope you enjoy your time here.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:35 pm

Welcome to the forums! To answer your question about SMBX and Nintendo: In April 2011, Redigit received a call from Nintendo's lawyers in Seattle, who asked him to remove SMBX from his website and take all of the SMBX videos off of his YouTube channel. In addition, they requested that he hand over SuperMarioBrothers.org, but Redigit did not comply until mid-2012. There are many conspiracy theories that surround this situation, as well as lots of misinformation and people that just flat-out don't believe it happened. If you'd like more detail, I'm sure I have more information about it somewhere.

Telinc1

Postby Telinc1 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:43 am

Thanks for the warm welcoming everybody! I'm sure I'll have a great time here.
Joey wrote:Welcome to the forums! To answer your question about SMBX and Nintendo: In April 2011, Redigit received a call from Nintendo's lawyers in Seattle, who asked him to remove SMBX from his website and take all of the SMBX videos off of his YouTube channel. In addition, they requested that he hand over SuperMarioBrothers.org, but Redigit did not comply until mid-2012. There are many conspiracy theories that surround this situation, as well as lots of misinformation and people that just flat-out don't believe it happened. If you'd like more detail, I'm sure I have more information about it somewhere.
Oh, that makes sense now. I've heard so many different theories, I just believed what I thought sounded most realistic — Redigit wanted to work on Terraria in peace and gave SMBX the boot by using this as an excuse (Nintendo themselves calling some random guy to ask him about a simple fan-game? Didn't seem so likely). Guess I was wrong all these years. Whatever, I'm glad it's back because it's an amazing fan game.

Return to “Introductions”