I Am Bread: The Toastening

Yoshibrothers
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

I Am Bread: The Toastening

Postby Yoshibrothers » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:53 pm

I started the day as a slice of bread. Not the end piece, because no one likes the end piece. No, I was the second slice in. I emerged from my loaf in glorious fashion, spreading my crumbs all over as I flew from what I once called home. This was the start of my journey.

I emerged in to a world of culinary decadence. To my left was Mt. Butter, and to my right was Jelly Valley. There were so many places to see, so many things to do. Life had finally begun.

I began my voyage to Toaster Kingdom by first heading for Mt. Butter. It was always a dream of mine to stand-atop the hills on Mt. Butter, and I did just that. I paraded to the top in mere seconds, only to slide down Mt. Butter and splash right in to Jelly Valley.

It was like a slip-n-slide of deliciousness.

I emerged from Jelly Valley covered from bread to toe, only to come to the edge of the world. I could see it all from here; the vast landscapes of Breadland, the hills of Crumbilina, but most of all, I could see Toaster Kingdom, and I knew my journey was far from over.

In a moment of serenity, I took a giant leap of faith, and I floated through space and time, in an absolute moment of glory. I didn't know what was waiting for me below, but I knew this was what had to be done.

Falling for what seemed an eternity, I thought this to be the end. Just then, something emerges below me, and I land softly on to a giant looking board with wheels. My savior.

I thanked it for saving me, and we bonded very quickly. It turns out, we are both heading to the same destination, and he agrees to let me travel on him. I hold on tight, and off we go. We travel through canyons, wastelands, hell, we even traveled through large ravines.

We're almost there.

We arrive at the Counter-Top Haven. The final stop before Toaster Kingdom. Just when we are in-reach of the Toaster Kingdom, my new friend informs me that he can go no further, for he is not capable of climbing. He entrusts me with a gift for King Toaster, a serum of sorts. He called it Maple Syrup. I am clueless what it would be used for, after-all the King is french. I don't understand what he would possibly do with such a thing. Nevertheless, I say thank you for everything, as a tear of jelly starts rolling down my face, and I start my ascent to reach the top of Counter-Top Haven.

It's a rough climb. It takes me about a minute or two, as I seem to be slipping and sliding all over the cliffs and peaks of this place. Maybe it's the jelly, maybe it's the butter, but all's I know is that I must persevere. I must make it to Toaster Kingdom.

I finally reach the top of Counter-Top Haven, and Toaster Kingdom and the Toaster King are in my line of sight. I flop towards them as fast as my nimble body can take me, battered and buttered and bruised. I reach the entrance to Toaster Kingdom. I can feel it now. I'm almost there. I only have to climb once more and I will have completed my first voyage.

With all the strength I can muster, I grip tightly on to the walls of Toaster Kingdom. I manage to hoist myself a-top this beautiful landscape. I'm here. I made it. The Toaster King is in sight. I just have to decend to the throne room, and I will have fulfilled my purpose in life.

Just as I am readying myself to decend towards the king, a gust of wind blows me off of the top of the kingdom. Down I fly, past Counter-Top Haven. Below I go, to the ends of the earth. No one to save me this time. I fall. I fall.

I land in the dirt.

Ruined.

I wither and die.

THE END

Okay so I made this in terms of how I experienced this game. It was surprisingly a lot of fun to play and I think you guys should try it some time as well.
10/10 Would play again.

Nanaya
Phanto
Phanto
Flair: When's Mafia

Re: I Am Bread: The Toastening

Postby Nanaya » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:37 pm

Mmm... delicious at tje beginning, disgusting at the end.
Rating: 8.8 m8, it is a g8 story m8.
Real rating: 9.9

ragont
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Postby ragont » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:12 pm

i like it a lot

HeroOfRhyme
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby HeroOfRhyme » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:28 pm

This is funny. All that work and then you just die easily. Lol.

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:55 am

I loved the imagery in this story. The painting of the defiled bread drove me to tears, not only for the slice of bread but for all other ruined, broken slices. What it must be like to be that slice, having every fiber of your being declare you a failure... knowing you soiled it all... having nothing more you can succeed in... all gone forever

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zlaker » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:59 am

This is pretty darn good dude. Nice job.

MacheTheFerret
Phanto
Phanto
Pronouns: she/her

Postby MacheTheFerret » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:16 am

This...this was poetry in motion. I loved it.
Maybe in the next journey a slice tries to become a chicken sandwich. THAT would be poultry in motion.

Return to “FF/R Temporary Archives”