TSRP-X - Still seeking volunteers.

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
FireSeraphim
Bit
Bit
Flair: Verified Professional Vampire Hunter

TSRP-X - Still seeking volunteers.

Postby FireSeraphim » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:29 am

As you may have recalled over four year ago, I discussed the possibility of working on a TSPR themed SMBX episode with FPI himself as this old Gmail conversation can attest: Since then, Wind, Zipper, Darkonius Mavakar, SilverDeoxys and Valtteri have joined my project team.

Click here to download our C3 2016 Demo.

After much discussions amongst the team and an Email to FPI, we at Team Antipode have decided to rework the plot of The Second Reality Project X to involve a new main Villain, One that will be revealed later. But this is still an inter-quel between the first and second game.

It was a calm and quiet evening, Luigi had long since went to bed and Toad was staying over at Luigi's for the night due to him accidentally losing the key to his own house. At midnight a dimensional rift opened, with Zycloboo appearing out of the rift.
"it is quite unfortunate that I cannot simply send Mario over to the Second Reality yet, it would be too soon for my plans." The cyclopian boo commented to himself "but I still need someone to deal with a certain annoyance. Ah, these two will do." as he noticed Luigi's Cabin and the two souls resting there.
With that Zycloboo cast his Inter-Dimensional magic on Luigi's Cabin and send it to the Second Reality, where our story begins...

As of this time, we are currently recruiting and looking for any talented individuals who would like to participate in this project. We find ourselves currently needing new Level designers, Beta testers, Musicans, Spriters, and Lua Coders. We do however have certains standards that we require out of all potential applicants in each category. All potential applicants are encouraged to reply to this thread, link a prior example of their past work and answer the questions related to the spot they want to fill out. Starting with....

Level Designers
  • Do you have any prior level design experience and if so, in what programs? (examples: Lunar Magic, SMBX, Etc.)
  • Do you have any prior examples of your works that we can take a look at? This is solely so we can asses your skill in level design. (Videos of your own previous creations are allowed)

Beta Testers
  • Do you have any prior skill and familiarity with both SMBX and/or SMW Hacks in general?
  • Do you have enough free time for testing our levels?

Musicians
  • Do you have any prior musical composing skill? Ideally we want people who have prior experience making custom music/spcs for SMW or people who can make convincing SMW hack-ish sounding music using samples and/or Instruments from Super Mario World in music composing software.

Spriters
  • Do you have any spriting skill and if so, can we see an example of your spritework?

Lua Coders
  • Do you have any programming skill and if so, can we see an example of your previous works? There are certain things in our project that will inevitably require Lua programming, such as level gimmicks, gameplay elements, bosses, etc.

Applicants who pass our criteria will be invited to our discord server and be given the TSRP-X Devteam rank. We will be paying attention to both the SMBX Forum and Talkhaus threads.

Spoiler: show
Screenshots prior the end of 2016
World Maps

World 1-Castle: Rampant Redoubt teaser

World 2-1: Blocky Road

World 2-2: Lakitu's Fields

World 2-C: Slate Lake

In clockwise order: W2-3 - Bullet Field by Darkonius, W2-Ghost House - Maniac Mansion by Valtteri
W2-Castle - Eventide Keep by FireSeraphim and W2-4 Switch-Swap Subterrane by Wind

World S-2: Collision Chaos Zone teaser

World 2-Fort: Dungeon of Unquestionable Agony teaser

World 2-F: Hammer Bros Heights teaser

World 3-Ghost House: Spooky Shanty teaser

World 3-Castle preview

• FireSeraphim (Project Leader, Level Designer, and Spriter)
  • Wind (Project Co-Leader, Level Designer, LUA Coder)
  • NEW! StrikerForcer the Dark Warrior(Spriter and Level Designer)
  • SilverDeoyxs (Spriter)
  • Valtteri (Spriter, Level Designer)
  • Zipper (LUA Coder)
  • Darkonius (Level Designer)
W1: Forest of Beginnings
W2: Emerald Plains
W3: Cinnamon Coast
W4: Antipode Caves
W5: Cosair Canyon
W6: Moonbeam Plateau
W7: Abandoned Second Reality Base
W8: Deep Space
W(SR): Super Sonic Speedway (Sonic CD levels)
Last edited by FireSeraphim on Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:25 am, edited 20 times in total.

Wind
Ripper II
Ripper II

Re: TSRP-X - The New Official Thread

Postby Wind » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:03 am

Why'd you make a new topic???

E: oh right

FireSeraphim
Bit
Bit

TSRP-X - Work will be resuming soon

Postby FireSeraphim » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:14 pm

We will be resuming work on TSRP-X as soon as Beta 4 comes out.

Kixubug
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Kixubug » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:32 pm

All images are broken

ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Pronouns: he/him

Postby ElectriKong » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:26 am

Yeah, the screens need to be updated

FireSeraphim
Bit
Bit

Postby FireSeraphim » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:39 am

for now consider this thread, REVIVED!

Knux
Nipper
Nipper
Pronouns: she/they

Postby Knux » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:07 am

I'm glad, this looks very promising.

AlphaFenix
Tweeter
Tweeter

Postby AlphaFenix » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:31 am

Incredible!!!
Hyper Meter: IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Edit: This post is from 2016, it should had been recived more support. Anyway, it's looking pretty awesome

FireSeraphim
Bit
Bit

TSRP-X - Getting the gang back together.

Postby FireSeraphim » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:23 am

After two long years of waiting and waiting, The Second Reality Project X is back in development. What does this mean for the average SMBX Player? A lot actually. Our team has been waiting for two years for the release of Beta 4 (even if said release is technically a preview of said beta) of SMBX2 due it having quite a few features that our team required for The Second Reality Project X, namely faster and better graphics loading, fixes to several longstanding problems, and better switch palaces to name just a few of the features we have been seriously waiting for. With that said, A lot can happen in two years and in that time three of our core devteam members have moved on to greener pastures as if were.

Which means that once again we are looking for New spriters, Levels designers, Beta Testers, Coders and (hopefully) a musician or two to join our Devteam. Those who are interested in volunteering should either PM myself or Wind.
Last edited by FireSeraphim on Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

KateBulka
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Flair: Bun~
Pronouns: she/her

Re: TSRP-X - Getting the gang back together.

Postby KateBulka » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:05 am

Uhh it's not really beta 4, just a preview to it, and it still lacks some features and stuff.

MegaDood
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Re: TSRP-X - Now seeking volunteers.

Postby MegaDood » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:54 pm

I wouldn't rely on the Luna scripts if your using it. It too lacks some features from Beta 3 apparently.

FireSeraphim
Bit
Bit

Postby FireSeraphim » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:59 pm

As a reminder we are still seeking volunteers for any the positions we're looking to fill in the opening post.

GD Cooperstorm
Koopa
Koopa
Flair: Hi

Postby GD Cooperstorm » Mon May 20, 2019 6:42 pm

This is a really interesting take on The Second Reality Project. The graphics look really good and kind of charming in a way and I really liked the music. I have one minor gripe though, and it might just be a me thing, so take this with a grain of salt. I didn't care for the difficulty of this episode, but I really don't know how to explain it so I'm sorry if this seems vague or makes no sense. None of it felt unfair unlike the original rom hack, but I felt that I was being thrown into an episode where I was expected to be able to quickly adapt to the challenges. I felt like I wasn't having fun, but that is just me, so don't take it to heart. Other than that, I think you have a really cool project and can't wait to see the full release. Keep rocking! :)

p.s. I see those sonic cd levels lol

FireSeraphim
Bit
Bit

Re: TSRP-X - Still seeking volunteers.

Postby FireSeraphim » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:13 am

We have updated the OP with two recently released videos, both of which initially have only shown up in the discord servers for SMBX, Codehaus and Talkhaus before. Like I have before we are still looking for volunteers interested in working on TSRP-X.

DDoomguy
Goomba
Goomba

Postby DDoomguy » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:32 am

Hey, I could be a spriter. I have tons of spritework (mostly Mario related) that I'd like to show.

MegaDood
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted

Postby MegaDood » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:07 am

I just realized, I like the consistent theming, with an SMW style and I also like how all the music is made with the SMW soundfont. Good job.

FireSeraphim
Bit
Bit

Postby FireSeraphim » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:22 am

@DDoomguy:
Fireseraphim's Opening Post wrote: Spriters
  • Do you have any spriting skill and if so, can we see an example of your spritework?
Basically DDoomguy, we expect applicants to post a link to an example of their prior work so that we can assess their skill and see if they're good enough before allowing them to join. Which makes me wonder if you just skimmed over the Opening post.

Cedur
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: I'm gone, for chess and minesweeper
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Cedur » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:26 am

FireSeraphim wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:22 am
@DDoomguy:
Fireseraphim's Opening Post wrote: Spriters
Basically DDoomguy, we expect applicants to post a link to an example of their prior work so that we can assess their skill and see if they're good enough before allowing them to join. Which makes me wonder if you just skimmed over the Opening post.

It's been a classic hit-and-runner, making a luring post just to disappear forever (posted on June 5th, last active on June 5th). Always check these dates for people with just 1 post!

Return to “Projects”