-3lectronstar's Level Mall-

Share your own SMBX levels and play others' too.
3lectronstar024
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: Yo. I love to create stuff and inspire others.
Pronouns: He/They

Re: -SMBXFanBoi2013's Level Mall-

Postby 3lectronstar024 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:38 pm

Enjl wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:25 pm
Keroro04 wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:14 am
Ooh is the Bitter Meadows Balloon a new LunaLua NPC? Can you possibly share it with us so we can experiment with it in our own levels?
As you can see from the level folder, it is a block replacing the SMW cement block.
It's also made from layer and events. I'm not an expert of lua scripting anyway.

Added in 3 hours 39 minutes 41 seconds:
Re: -Dudboi2005's Level Mall-
New level of April! This level is pretty much a focus of the gimmick of the Carryable Pipes (lua script created by MrDoubleA), and the death system is different in this level since you get transported to the start or the checkpoint after dying (rooms lua script also created by MrDoubleA). This level is compatible for SMBX2 Beta 4.

-NEW LEVEL-

Piportal Skies
-Created on 4/26/20-
Screenshot: show

3lectronstar024
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby 3lectronstar024 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:50 pm

It's been a long time since I've made a custom level last year when quarantine started, but now I'm back with a new SMBX custom level!

New level of March and first level of 2021! This level mainly focuses on the Cape Feather power up, fully scripted by MrDoubleA, and it's beautiful sunset themed. This level i's also Beta 4 compatible, as it contains LunaLua scripts that only works in that version of SMBX2.

-NEW LEVEL-

Cape Twilight
-Created on 3/7/21-
(Credits of assets used in the level are included in the file btw)

Archived
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Archived » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:45 pm

Archived
Last edited by Archived on Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chipss
Hoopster
Hoopster
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Chipss » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:04 pm

Review of Cape Twilight

This level has some pretty cool (albeit generic) uses of the cape flower and is the first level I've ever played in SMBX with the cape feather so far. The focus of the level, however, was a little, well, unfocused at times. With the seemingly random and unnecessary use of one single clear pipe, to the identity crisis the level was having about whether it wanted to be an exploration level or not. Either you were attempting to make a hybrid of the two, or it was a linear level with deviations for collectibles that end up being a bit too long.

Also, if you're going to make the cape feather necessary in any section of the level (like the ending), you should always have one available at that specific section. Even better, a generator producing the powerup needed is convenient for people who may lose it on accident before it is needed.

Oh, and since you have darkness on in the level, the Venus Fire Trap fireballs are emitting light, which looks a bit off since it's not intended to be "dark" in the level. In case you didn't know, you can disable the light emission from any NPC by creating a npc-n.txt file of its ID and saving it with the text:

Code: Select all

lightbrightness = 0
I will say that I really liked the aesthetics and choice of music. It did truly feel like a "sunsetty" level to me, and I'm glad it wasn't a complete romp. There was some good focus during the moving note block section that I enjoyed. I'm not going to leave that unmentioned. There are still quite a few good qualities about this level. All it needs is a bit of polish to the focus and maybe you could even flesh out those moving note blocks even more? Just a suggestion.

5/10

3lectronstar024
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby 3lectronstar024 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:49 pm

A new level of April is now out! This level is desert themed full of flaming Fire Snakes, and flying Bunbuns. It's Beta 4 compatible, as it contains LunaLua scripts that only works in that version of SMBX2.

-NEW LEVEL-

Desolated Nights
-Created on 4/17/21-

3lectronstar024
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby 3lectronstar024 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:57 pm

Another new level of April is out! This level is sky athletic themed full of Foos and Spinies. It's Beta 4 compatible, as it contains LunaLua scripts that only works in that version of SMBX2.

-NEW LEVEL-

Foo's Garden Skies
-Created on 4/24/21-

3lectronstar024
Ripper II
Ripper II

Re: -3lectronstar's Level Mall-

Postby 3lectronstar024 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:37 pm

New level of September is out! It's a remake of my level submission from the SMBX Nova Level Contest that was out like months ago. It is Beta 4 compatible, as it contains LunaLua scripts and new basegame NPCs that only works in that version of SMBX2.

-NEW LEVEL-

Forest Mushroom Bizarre
-Created on 9/6/21-

3lectronstar024
Ripper II
Ripper II

Re: -3lectronstar's Level Mall-

Postby 3lectronstar024 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:27 pm

New level of October! Another remake of my old level submission from the SMBX Nova Contest, originally named as "Sparky Undercastle Grounds", now being named as "Sparky Underground Fort" for the new version. It is Beta 4 compatible as it contains lua scripts and new basegame NPCs that only works in that version of SMBX2.

-NEW LEVEL-

Sparky Underground Fort
-Created on 10/3/21-

Return to “Levels”