Want to help run SMBX's Social Media?

Topics about events/announcements that are no longer relevant.
Marina
Cecil
Cecil
Flair: Pachinko
Pronouns: she/her/they/them

Want to help run SMBX's Social Media?

Postby Marina » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:21 pm

Hey everyone!

So as you may have heard, Joey recently made me head of the SMBX Social Media Team. We're currently looking for more people who would be willing to help out with the Facebook page. In addition to that, we are planning on reviving both the SMBX Wiki as well as the SMBX Youtube channel.

Managing the Facebook page mostly consists of posting about recent forum events and featured content, as well as interacting with the people on the page.
For the Wiki we're looking for people who would help setting up everything before it goes public again so the community can easily contribute to it. After that your tasks would involve tending the wiki, making sure everything is in order, etc.
The Youtube channel is a bit of an experiment. We currently have one person who would be interested in contributing to it, but once it's up and running the idea is to have several people who would record and upload varying types of SMBX-related content.

If you're interested in doing any of these jobs, you can apply by sending me a message answering these questions.

1. What position are you interested in?
2. What previous experience do you have with (running) social media?
3. What do you hope to add to the team? What ideas or suggestion do you have for the team in general or the specific position you're applying for?

Other than these three specific positions we're also always looking for people who are willing to help search out content for the social media sites to post about. If you find something interesting that you think deserves to be posted, contact us about it!

I'm looking forward to your applications. You can either message me about them here on the forum via PM or on Discord, where I go by Aristo#4268
If you have other thoughts and suggestions regarding the social media sites, drop them in the thread. If you'd like to see your own level/episode/contest featured on the SMBX Facebook and Twitter, contact me directly!

The current SMBX social media sites can be found here:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Last edited by Marina on Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:08 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Tarkan809
Swooper
Swooper

Re: Want to help run SMBX's social media?

Postby Tarkan809 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:50 pm

i wish but maybe these ideas will work:

make videos,subscribing and like buttons.

tell me if these ideas work.

Panda
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: 1453 worst year of life
Pronouns: she/her

Postby Panda » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:04 pm

1. Why do you want to help out?
I would like to be a more active in this community and to help the users.
2. What ideas do you have?
I think we could advertise user levels and promote contests and site discussion through the page, as well as recommendations for external sources. I think it would be a good idea to promote threads which can help to improve skills on level design.
3. Do you have any prior social media experience, either through running pages (not required) or just as a user?
As part of my weekend job (I work in a call centre agent for a home improvement chain for DIY, electrical, bathroom and kitchen development based in the UK and Germany), I have to help run the social media accounts and reply to Tweets and social media messages.

Warlock
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: bep
Pronouns: they/them

Postby Warlock » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:13 pm

Sent my application, good luck to all who apply for the role ;)

My ideas for those who probably aren't are interested:
  • - Levels of the Week Feature - Weekly Facebook Post + Tweet highlighting the best quality levels posted by the SMBX community within the week;
    - This can be expanded to include bits of CGFX, not necessarily every week but every now and then if anything interesting pops up;
    - Feature Trending Topics - Highlighting threads/post that highlight burning issues that affect a large portion of the SMBX community, or just general threads some users may have an interest in;
    - Weekly News - A small post looking back at the events that unfolded in the past week.
The plan here is to make sure that all members of the community are up-to-date regarding what's going on with the game, wherever they are.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:53 pm

Did not the forum have it's own official Youtube Channel? I think that would also count as "SMBX's Social Media" if you ask me.

HenryRichard
Birdo
Birdo
Flair: Is this where I type my password?

Postby HenryRichard » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:55 pm

Having the youtube channel up and running would be pretty great - there could be weekly videos showing off levels and graphics, as well as some tutorials and SMBX2 updates.

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:37 pm

For any route that is decided, SMBX content should be as syndicated by the community as possible so things don't start dying off.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:51 pm

I am up for recording videos for the SMBX youtube channel.

Snessy the duck
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Snessy the duck » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:14 am

HenryRichard wrote:Having the youtube channel up and running would be pretty great - there could be weekly videos showing off levels and graphics, as well as some tutorials and SMBX2 updates.
So basically like the SMW Central YouTube channel but for SMBX? I'm down with that!

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:49 am

Snessy the duck wrote:
HenryRichard wrote:Having the youtube channel up and running would be pretty great - there could be weekly videos showing off levels and graphics, as well as some tutorials and SMBX2 updates.
So basically like the SMW Central YouTube channel but for SMBX? I'm down with that!
I have been up for that for a year or two now. It has been up for a while, just no one uploads to it.

FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby FireyPaperMario » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:06 pm

Is the official YouTube channel for Super Mario Bros. X going to upload videos of SMBX2 or SMBX 1.4.4?

P.S. I'm not gonna subscribe, due to some of y'all endlessly being mean to me! :(

ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Pronouns: he/him

Postby ElectriKong » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:12 pm

MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:Is the official YouTube channel for Super Mario Bros. X going to upload videos of SMBX2 or SMBX 1.4.4?
It would make no sense to do videos of 1.4 exclusively. It would send people the way we don't want them to go.
Last edited by ElectriKong on Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:30 pm

MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:Is the official YouTube channel for Super Mario Bros. X going to upload videos of SMBX2 or SMBX 1.4.4?
Ideally there will be videos for both X2 and 38A.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:34 pm

My YouTube channel has a high audience. Maybe that'll go with the SMBX Video coverups in this area.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:42 am

bossedit8 wrote:My YouTube channel has a high audience. Maybe that'll go with the SMBX Video coverups in this area.
Both of are channels specialize in SMBX though. I think we should both work for it.

Snessy the duck
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Snessy the duck » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:53 am

MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:P.S. I'm not gonna subscribe, due to some of y'all endlessly being mean to me! :(
What do you mean by that? I've never seen anyone be mean to you, and that's honestly a pretty odd reason not to subscribe.

Radiance
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Radiance » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:45 am

Snessy the duck wrote:
MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:P.S. I'm not gonna subscribe, due to some of y'all endlessly being mean to me! :(
What do you mean by that? I've never seen anyone be mean to you, and that's honestly a pretty odd reason not to subscribe.
Maybe because people question MarioRPGExpert93's liking for Sega Genesis and monochromatic graphics

Snessy the duck
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Snessy the duck » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:47 am

Mr Briney wrote:
Snessy the duck wrote:
Maybe because people question MarioRPGExpert93's liking for Sega Genesis and monochromatic graphics
That's really not mean at all.

ElectriKong
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here

Postby ElectriKong » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:05 pm

Mr Briney wrote:
Snessy the duck wrote:
That is not mean. And MarioRPGExpert's obsession with monochrome graphics is a bit weird tbh (though I would rather that than obsession with SMB3 GFX).

And not subscribing because of mean people is basically saying that everyone in the community is mean to you, which is 100% not true.

Radiance
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby Radiance » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:30 pm

Or maybe because people (including me) in SMBX Discord server ignores MarioRPGExpert93 oftenly. Idk if there's any more reasons why we are mean to MarioRPGExpert93.

Anyways, let's go back in topic. How about making gifs for experimenting new minor things in Beta 4 or WIP levels instead of making short videos for it?

Return to “Events and Announcements”