A SMBX Rebuild project

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
sky-blue yoshi

A SMBX Rebuild project

Postby sky-blue yoshi » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:25 pm

After one year of work, I managed to finish a new Mario engine called SMBX Rebuild. Key parts of the engine are mostly complete (except for picking up items and riding Yoshi), but there might still be some problems. The parameters of the engine has been adjusted, so it might feel somewhat different. :)

screenshots:
Spoiler: show
Note:
The engine includes a launcher (SMBXLauncher) and some sample level files. The format for levels are .lsv, and can store sprite images and codes. Load the .lsv files with the launcher and the game will start. Please do not edit .lsv files, or the file may be corrupted. :)
( 0w0 )Yes, The Galaxy Journey is my SMBX map in SMBX 1.3.

Download:
V1.1.1(allow custom controls):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/nphm4 ... V1.1.1.rar
Last edited by sky-blue yoshi on Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Enchlore
Spike
Spike

Re: A SMBX Rebuild project

Postby Enchlore » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:47 pm

Wow! Did you make this by yourself? The physics are pretty smooth! What are your plans for this engine?

Murphmario
Chargin' Chuck
Chargin' Chuck
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Murphmario » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:45 pm

Those fuzzy guys should be able to be jumped on.

Also, any plans for normal Smbx level combatability?

Squishy Rex

Postby Squishy Rex » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:53 pm

This is a pretty good engine so far, I like what you've done. I can see a lot of hard work went into this.

Danny
Reznor
Reznor
Pronouns: He/Him, They/Them

Postby Danny » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:16 pm

While this is pretty cool, the controls are awfully tight and I can't jump while running, and the gravity/physics seem kind of strange, though I'm used to the NSMBW, SMW, SMB3, and SMBX physics so that might be a factor. Those aside though, this is a pretty cool engine so far. Nice work!

sky-blue yoshi

Postby sky-blue yoshi » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:55 pm

8bitmushroom wrote:While this is pretty cool, the controls are awfully tight and I can't jump while running, and the gravity/physics seem kind of strange, though I'm used to the NSMBW, SMW, SMB3, and SMBX physics so that might be a factor. Those aside though, this is a pretty cool engine so far. Nice work!
I know the controls are something wrong, but I can sure you can jump while running.
So I try to make custom controls. :?
Like this:

ini老是报废我也没法QAQ

aero
Palom
Palom

Postby aero » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:33 pm

The controls aren't working for me (can't jump at all). Also, what did you use to make this engine?

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf
Flair: [ˈvoːlˌʃtant], 狐エンジニア

Postby Wohlstand » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:39 pm

SnifitGuy wrote:
8bitmushroom wrote:While this is pretty cool, the controls are awfully tight and I can't jump while running, and the gravity/physics seem kind of strange, though I'm used to the NSMBW, SMW, SMB3, and SMBX physics so that might be a factor. Those aside though, this is a pretty cool engine so far. Nice work!
I agree...The engine is impressive for what it is. What language was this written in?
It made with http://www.clickteam.com/clickteam-fusion-2-5

Proof:
Spoiler: show

sky-blue yoshi

Postby sky-blue yoshi » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:02 am

GhostHawk wrote:The controls aren't working for me (can't jump at all). Also, what did you use to make this engine?
It made with Clickteam Fusion 2.5.
Now v1.1.1 allows custom controls. The control data is saved in Game.ini :)

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:31 am

Oh wow. This actually Looks very nice for a recreation of SMBX as a engine. Good work, even know that I didn't try it by myself since I read that the grab and the riding ability is missing. I hope you will implement it as closest you can possibly get like in the regular SMBX for example physics and how you grab and throw and item.
...but there might still be some problems. The parameters of the engine has been adjusted, so it might feel somewhat different.
By that, I hope you can Change it so it is the same as in SMBX. I know it is very difficult to do this but I hope you can do it anyway.

Black Mamba
Rip Van Fish
Rip Van Fish
Pronouns: They/Her

Postby Black Mamba » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:42 pm

The physics in my opinion are much better than the ones in SMBX. It's a lot more like SMW than SMB3 and that's nice.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:49 pm

I will try this first thing when I get a computer and start felling better! Should I try to record anything with this?

Return to “General”