Panser
Flair: The Flying Ghost

Brambles Tileset - SMB3 Styled

Postby AirShip » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:14 am

What is Love:
Spoiler: show
Download

How to use:
After putting the backgrounds of brambles in the level, place jelectros on the brambles BGOS, and apply "hurt block" in the level folder, thus leaving all invisible jelectros.
Last edited by AirShip on Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KateBulka
Fuzzy
Fuzzy
Flair: Bun~
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Brambles Tileset - SMB3 Styled

Postby KateBulka » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:46 am

Good Job with them! I will use it if needed

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: hi!!!
Pronouns: He/Him

BABY DON'T HURT ME

Postby Waddle » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:32 am

These look good! I'm gonna use these for sure!

SilverDeoxys563

Postby SilverDeoxys563 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:41 am

I'm not sure if the fact that the Jelectros are bigger than the appearance of the small brambles is a good thing.* Other than that, I really like the red wild strawberries you added to these. Aaand I just now noticed how cutoff the vines are if you try to hang them off the small brambles, which definitely isn't good.

I like the concept here, though. Been done before, but this time it looks better than I remember.

*EDIT: Wait a minute, couldn't you make 8x8 Jelectros and place them with Wohlstand's editor to align them better with the odd size of the small brambles?

Cognition
Dolphin
Dolphin

Postby Cognition » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:45 am

These look amazing. They are so much more colorful then the thorn tiles already in the CGFX Pack. My only problem is the vines that hang down are not connected. They are just floating below the thorns.

AirShip
Panser
Panser
Flair: The Flying Ghost

Postby AirShip » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:26 pm

Cognition wrote:These look amazing. They are so much more colorful then the thorn tiles already in the CGFX Pack. My only problem is the vines that hang down are not connected. They are just floating below the thorns.
The image I used is old, I made the correction and has added a new download.
Spoiler: show
SilverDeoxys563 wrote:I'm not sure if the fact that the Jelectros are bigger than the appearance of the small brambles is a good thing.* Other than that, I really like the red wild strawberries you added to these. Aaand I just now noticed how cutoff the vines are if you try to hang them off the small brambles, which definitely isn't good.

I like the concept here, though. Been done before, but this time it looks better than I remember.
My initial plan was to use parts of airship as damage block, but it did not work, so I improvised and used the jelectros.
*EDIT: Wait a minute, couldn't you make 8x8 Jelectros and place them with Wohlstand's editor to align them better with the odd size of the small brambles?
I do not use PGE, so do not know if this is possible.

SilverDeoxys563

Postby SilverDeoxys563 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:32 pm

AirShip wrote:
I wrote:*EDIT: Wait a minute, couldn't you make 8x8 Jelectros and place them with Wohlstand's editor to align them better with the odd size of the small brambles?
If you make a block that's smaller or larger than the default block it replaces, the PGE will detect this and resize its internal hitboxes to be as big as you made the graphic. So, if you were to implement the 8x8 hurt blocks the way I'm thinking, it would look something like this while they're still visible:

PROX
Banned

Postby PROX » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:16 pm

This would be awesome to use in a jungle themed level. Great work.

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf
Flair: [ˈvoːlˌʃtant], 狐エンジニア
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Wohlstand » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:24 pm

SilverDeoxys563 wrote:
AirShip wrote:
I wrote:*EDIT: Wait a minute, couldn't you make 8x8 Jelectros and place them with Wohlstand's editor to align them better with the odd size of the small brambles?
If you make a block that's smaller or larger than the default block it replaces, the PGE will detect this and resize its internal hitboxes to be as big as you made the graphic. So, if you were to implement the 8x8 hurt blocks the way I'm thinking, it would look something like this while they're still visible:

Also, before I will implement block.txt to redefine each-block's grid size and another things you need open blocks.ini file and edit "grid=" field (change 32 to 16) to modify grid size to make correct aligning with smaller block (if you want to make block smaller than 32x32 px). When I will implement block.txt support, you can simply put any values into them like npc.txt

AlphaCPS
Bit
Bit
Flair: generic flair

Postby AlphaCPS » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:40 am

Awesome!

Return to “Graphics”