Final Fantasy 4
and much more...

Screenshots:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/p7cm93bps ... +V.1.2.zip

If you use these Graphics, somewhere else (in a fangame or hack).

Please Give Credit

~Dr.Mekar
Last edited by DrMekar on Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

arcade999
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Re: Dr.Mekars GFX Pack 1.2

Postby arcade999 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:23 pm

This is uuuh... interesting. The graphics are really goods by the way.

DrMekar
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: CUSTOM CHARACTER CREATOR

Postby DrMekar » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:33 pm

Thanks

I'm working on this Pack since I started to use Custom Graphics.

arcade999
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby arcade999 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:43 pm

DrMekar wrote:Thanks

I'm working on this Pack since I started to use Custom Graphics.
I specially love how they are breaking conventions, like, most of the graphic packs contains custom mario things (wich are great, but ordinary), except that YOUR graphics are...differents. Sure there is mario things, but your pack mostly contains tons of non mario sprites, like this skull wth a tong, this kind of 3D highway or thoses fighting games characters ripped from I don't know wich games things, its very very rare to find this kind of stuff, so yeah, your pack is great! :D

loop
Ninji
Ninji
Flair: i may be dumb but im not stupid!
Pronouns: he/him/they

Postby loop » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:49 pm

OH MAN I LOVE W:MoD.
Seriously though. I do like the SMW Dark Browser.

Matt_The_Slime
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Matt_The_Slime » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:12 pm

While these are some alright looking graphics, the quality of them needs to be bumped up. 1x1 pixels on almost everything, and some sizing issues.
Use paint.net, it will help with these problems.

(NOTE: This is not supposed to be taken as mean. I am trying to help. I really want to see these be made to look amazing!)

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:35 am

I like a lot of these graphics, such as the Toxic Koopalings, Swamp Boom Boom, and Big Lantern Ghost. I also like that you credited yourself and used my graphics. But unfortunately, there are some problems you need to fix.

1. Credits - you have to credit everybody who helped make the graphic. Not just yourself. If you can't remember who made the original graphic but you know someone did, list them as "Unknown Source".
2. Some NPCs are missing effects or have effects that don't have the right amount of frames. Txt files don't work on effects, sorry. Some NPCs, such as DK, Big Lantern Ghost, and Kaos, don't have the right amount of frames either. I think one is even missing a mask. The Snifit boss also misses txt files. Please test your graphics so that you can see all problems.

DrMekar
Eerie
Eerie

Postby DrMekar » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:44 am

Thanks for the feedback, that will help
me alot to make Version 1.3 even better.

arcade999
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby arcade999 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:39 am

Matt_The_Slime wrote:While these are some alright looking graphics, the quality of them needs to be bumped up. 1x1 pixels on almost everything, and some sizing issues.

(NOTE: This is not supposed to be taken as mean. I am trying to help. I really want to see these be made to look amazing!)
Even if there is a lot of 1x1 pixel, I don't personally think it's too worrying, since most of theses graphics are way too fucking awesome to care about it.

Snessy the duck
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Snessy the duck » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:45 am

arcade999 wrote:
Matt_The_Slime wrote:While these are some alright looking graphics, the quality of them needs to be bumped up. 1x1 pixels on almost everything, and some sizing issues.

Even if there is a lot of 1x1 pixel, I don't personally think it's too worrying, since most of theses graphics are way too fucking awesome to care about it.
But they're easily ruined by the 1x1 pixels.

arcade999
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby arcade999 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:50 am

Snessy the duck wrote:
arcade999 wrote:

Maybe, but it's hard to remove it since the graphics are already created, but I personally don't really care about the 1x1 pixel problem. Sure, they kinda "clash", but I wonder why smbx sprites are 2x2, I mean, It kinda just cause trouble most of the time. :|

Snessy the duck
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Snessy the duck » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:51 am

arcade999 wrote:
Snessy the duck wrote:
arcade999 wrote: Even if there is a lot of 1x1 pixel, I don't personally think it's too worrying, since most of theses graphics are way too fucking awesome to care about it.
Maybe, but it's hard to remove it since the graphics are already created, but I personally don't really care about the 1x1 pixel problem. Sure, they kinda "clash", but I wonder why smbx sprites are 2x2, I mean, It kinda just cause trouble most of the time. :|
Ask redigit.

ShaolinTrunks
Rex
Rex

Postby ShaolinTrunks » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:40 pm

Good job dude, I'll be downloading this and adding to my collection!

NightKawata
Spike
Spike

Postby NightKawata » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:35 pm

oh shit waddup is that grandpa mario

arcade999
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby arcade999 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:31 pm

NightKawata wrote:oh shit waddup is that grandpa mario
I think it's Luigi.

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:34 pm

There are not just 1x1 pixels, there are also 3x3 4x4 and even some 8x8 pixels. These alternate pixel sizes really need to be fixed. I even dare to say that around 80% of the people on these forums think of them as an eyesore.

ArcyTheAtrocious
Bit
Bit
Flair: Imaginative

Postby ArcyTheAtrocious » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:10 am

The graphics are... hmm, maybe I could say it like this:

The pixelated graphics are good, but the ones that are 3d-ish like NSMBDS aren't really the best, and I politely recommend not to use BiS sprites, because they leave the dirty gray outline spots (PiT also counts but i dont know about SS) I'll try to test these out soon, since i only judged your screenshots so far

DrMekar
Eerie
Eerie

Postby DrMekar » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:31 am

ArcyTheAtrocious wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:10 am
The graphics are... hmm, maybe I could say it like this:

The pixelated graphics are good, but the ones that are 3d-ish like NSMBDS aren't really the best, and I politely recommend not to use BiS sprites, because they leave the dirty gray outline spots (PiT also counts but i dont know about SS) I'll try to test these out soon, since i only judged your screenshots so far
Yeah, I know don't worry ☺️. Almost all of these Graphics will either be removed or reworked. This also means that some Games like The Adventures of Batman and Robin who as an Example has only one medicore Background Graphic will be removed entirely.

sammerbro
Buster Beetle
Buster Beetle
Flair: playing and making SMBX stuff

Postby sammerbro » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:06 am

I used Toxic Bro and Rainbow Bro. pretty good skins with the recolors. you can rework NSMBDS to 16-bit as well, like when I was searching for Tim J. Koopa's sprites when I needed it, I found 16-bit sprites of NSMBDS, but have been unsuccessful finding it again. I'll use your Axe Bro next, along with Shocker's Axe Bro. I'm also going to put together a GFX pack myself at some point. It'll probably contain PNG files (for 1.4) and GIF files (for 1.3 and 2.0) also, you must give credit to everyone who helped make the sprites, not just yourself. if you can't remember who made the sprite, just list them as "Unknown"

DrMekar
Eerie
Eerie

Postby DrMekar » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:31 pm

sammerbro wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:06 am
I used Toxic Bro and Rainbow Bro. pretty good skins with the recolors. you can rework NSMBDS to 16-bit as well, like when I was searching for Tim J. Koopa's sprites when I needed it, I found 16-bit sprites of NSMBDS, but have been unsuccessful finding it again. I'll use your Axe Bro next, along with Shocker's Axe Bro. I'm also going to put together a GFX pack myself at some point. It'll probably contain PNG files (for 1.4) and GIF files (for 1.3 and 2.0) also, you must give credit to everyone who helped make the sprites, not just yourself. if you can't remember who made the sprite, just list them as "Unknown"
Thanks. Reworking isen't really what I'm doing. I can't really if NSMBDS will be part of 2.0, because most of the Graphics are Buggy. I know about the Credits Issue, don't worry. My New GFX Pack won't contain
much Graphics from Others anyway, since most of them will be unique things like 2D Fighting Game Characters or Custom things.

Return to “Graphics”