Lowser's Conquest (relowserd!)

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Lowser's Conquest (relowserd!)

Postby Sednaiur » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:56 am

Welcome to my recently restarted SMBX-project that is officially in the works since 01.17.2013.
It is supposed to be fully worked on, once SMBX2 gets either into beta 4 or out of beta entirely.
At the moment I rework all the graphics, get new concepts together and build a new world map that will replace the old one.
Once a new version of SMBX releases, I will start my work on the actual levels themselves.
All new screenshots of what is done so far, will come soon.

What will define the gameplay of Lowser's Conquest:

---Level-design that is inspired mainly by SMB3 and SMW. They will all have my own touch of design, however.
---A lot of custom-themed levels aswell. Fight against self-aware chainsaws, explore the space with Takosuke the Octopus, venture into a cavern full of otherworldly wildlife or protect the planet from invaders from outer space.
---Lots of hidden content. Hidden levels, hidden worlds, hidden bosses, little easter eggs and referrences and even different endings. I like my game big and explorative.
---A very big worldmap to explore. More than 130 levels to play, toad houses, warp pipes or anything like that not counted.
---4 bishoujo coins to collect. If you get them all, you can get a rainbow star at the end of the level. They are completely optional but can be used for extra rewards, like extra paths, bonus items, etc.
---A plot with lots of humor, that does not take itself all too serious sometimes. ^^
---Talkative NPCs that you can talk to. Many little sidestories are told or little hints are given.
---Many ways to let you play the game. Each playstyle, being it speedrunner, casual player or explorer, has it's own deviding optional and optimal paths on the worldmap. Some levels will have hidden shortcuts aswell.

What will be different from any previous versions:
---The levels will be shorter. They are supposed to be finished in around 2 to 3 minutes at most, when also collecting all the Bishoujo coins. Before, the levels could take up to 7 minutes to be finished.
---The bishoujo pics will be bishoujo coins from now on. No more blurry picture frames but instead huge golden coins that fit better into the world. Also, once one is collected it will stay collected.
---There will only be 4 Bishoujo coins now and they will mostly be found along the main level, to make the gameplay more fluid. Before there were 5 of them and they were mostly in hidden places.
---More friendly hidden secrets. They will be better indicated and less cryptic. Before, by simply not spotting a small detail in the background could you make miss the secret easily. Remember the secret exit in "Giant Wasphive"? ^^
---A SMW-styled worldmap to have something new. I was very happy with the SMB3-styled one, but I think that a SMW-styled worldmap will be more fitting for my kind of game. I will miss the old one, though. ;-(
---The transition pipes of the overworld will all contain some item blocks now. This way they will serve a better purpose and one dosn't always need to search for a toad house just to get a powered-up start.
---There will be less toad houses and less hint houses and the toad houses will work as shops where you purchase items with coins. Expect a 1-up to cost roughly 150 coins. :-P
---Of course, many .LUA-enhanced elements. A custom HUD, TravL for the world map, and more will be incorporated into my game. It is supposed to be improved on all sides after all.

The story

The Mario Bros. are celebrating their freshly started holidays at their house, as all of a sudden a pipe mail containing an SOS arrives.
The SOS was send by a girl named Yūki, one of the inhabitants of the "East-Sun Islands". It mentions an evil tortoise named "Lowser" who attacked and conquered the islands and is now making them his new home.
The East-Sun Islands are a very beautiful place vor vacation but are also rich in resources and treasure of many kinds and so the parasitic Lowser decided to get ahold of the islands and use their resources to build-up a new army, after he lost the entirety of his fleet in a battle against a single pirate ship.
He, together with his closest allies "Coward The Bomber" and "Loozer The Loosehanded" are now most wanted all over the group of the paradise islands.
The Mario Bros themselves are surprised about getting a pipe mail from a faraway place like this, and so they decide to have their vacation over there, where the sun shines, the adventure calls and the fun awaits.
Will they be able to find Lowser and all his minions and teach them a lession? Will they menage to kick Lowser's butt hard enough to send him flying to the stars? You may decide once this project is in it's finished state. Somewhere within the next 3 years probably.

The screenshots I can provide so far:
Spoiler: show

A little FAQ about the restarted project. I will add any upcoming questions as the time goes on:

Q: Why do you start your porject over?
A: I think that the design in it's core is allright. But in the end there are too many flaws like some way too cryptic secrets, too long levels, and a way too slow gameplay. If you played my beta casually, you might have enjoyed it maybe, but if you tried to get everything out of it, it was very sluggish to play. A level would take more than twice as long to complete, just by trying to get all the bishoujo pics. So I rather fully start over and fix all the possible flaws and while doing so, make a fresh new worldmap along the way. :-)

Q: How long do you estimate the time to finish it?

A: I assume it will take not take longer than 3 years. That is because the levels will be shorter in general, so the time to design them is shorter. But also because I already got most of the graphics done which was not the case for the previous versions of my project. I also can build onto what I already got, so there is a lot less to plan anew as I already got a lot of concepts done.

Q: Will it be as long as the old one?
A: Most probably, yes. ^^ It is supposed to have at least the same amount of levels. I want to make a game with a lot of exploration and hidden content, so it will have a big world.

If you want to know what this project was like, you may check this old and outdated beta out. It has a lot of effort put into it but also has quite some small and a very few big problems due to a mistake made in the updating process.
It requires it's own SMBX-exe to run flawlessly and it has no -LUA whatsoever. It is a very lengthy game already and will take you many hours to complete. It is, however in no way representing what I am working on right now.
The beta is more than 2 years old and I am aware of all of it's problems, which is one of the reasons I start over.

Download-link for the old customized SMBX 1.3.exe (needed to play the old beta):
SMBX 1.3.0.S exe

Download for the old and only "Lowser's Conquest"-beta:
Download here!

If you like, you can support my project by putting this little code into your signature (Still thanks to Jayce 777 for putting it's code together):

Code: Select all

[url=http://www.smbxgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=16513][img]http://s10.postimg.org/9dpghzcfd/support_banner.png[/img][/url]
I like to thank all supporters of my project.

Lowser's conquest
Last edited by Sednaiur on Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:49 pm, edited 37 times in total.

Alagirez
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Show your fangs!
Pronouns: He/Him/That wolf

Re: Lowser's Conquest (refreshed topic)

Postby Alagirez » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:58 am

Whaaaa it almost finished, the design looks cool and the graphics look AMAZING becauae the HD-ish! Keep it up ;)
Also first

Hani
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Hani » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:29 pm

Oh so you actually made the hills wooden. I did too!
I like the remade graphics and new stuff you added. I hope this gets finished soon.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:07 pm

This is looking even nicer. I regret not being able to quickly reference the world themes, or the original full scale world map, but still. Maybe I should record it all in one video for a "Longplay"? Also, I am surprised a two year old Sendspace link is still functional with their 30-day deletion regulation! So World seven is ice?

Snessy the duck
Birdo
Birdo

Postby Snessy the duck » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:25 am

I've gotta say, this has the potential to become My Favourite SMBX Episode of all time! Seriously, I played the demo, and I instantly fell in love with it! I freaking adore the artstyle, the gameplay captures the Mario feel prefectly while still being super unique, and the music is perfectly fitting for every bit of the entire demo, aswell as being picked from games with awesome soundtracks, like Super Mario Galaxy!

I wish you the greatest of the greatest luck on this Awesome Episode! Keep up the awesome work!

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf
Flair: [ˈvoːlˌʃtant], 狐エンジニア
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Wohlstand » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:31 pm

Another video on one of your levels!

PGE Engine: Twillight Fortress
A test of the updated physical engine in the PGE Engine.

Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqVw3Uz0eDM

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Re: Lowser's Conquest (some more levels refined)

Postby Sednaiur » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:36 pm

I just finished the refining of another 3 levels:
Some of the levels lost almost half their block count, which was more than 6000 blocks for one level. xD
There were still unused graphics inside some folders, that were from early 2013. :-P
I already see the performance go up more too. Level 3-7 (the level with the sandstorm) has a lot less lag now, due to the removed second layer of FGOs in all the overworld-sections.
I also changed the night-time of level 3-6 to a bright day-time, since world 3 mostly features night levels.
And these orange-brownish sandy blocks on the lower-left screen is a new block, that you can only remove by grabbing it from the topside. Obviously it replaces the SMB2 sand-NPC but it is all solid, so one cannot simply pass it, exept for NPCs themselves, as the sandblock-NPC does not seem accept the "npcblock=1"-flag.

If everything goes well, then I will finish refining world 3 this week.
Camacho wrote:Whaaaa it almost finished, the design looks cool and the graphics look AMAZING becauae the HD-ish! Keep it up ;)
Thank you :-D

But I really wouldn't say "almost finished", since I still refine my old levels. And after that, I still need to do around 30 more levels. But once the refining is out of the way, it really should go faster again.
Catastrophe wrote:Oh so you actually made the hills wooden. I did too!
I like the remade graphics and new stuff you added. I hope this gets finished soon.
I already made some wooden hills around two years ago, but they are mostly only featured in one level, which is level 1-3. First they had a gruesome blue recolor, but I disliked it so much that I just made them normal colored. Never thrust blue when it comes to wood. :-P
For the release itself, I assume that I can release my "Visual beta" in around a month...hopefully.
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:This is looking even nicer. I regret not being able to quickly reference the world themes, or the original full scale world map, but still. Maybe I should record it all in one video for a "Longplay"? Also, I am surprised a two year old Sendspace link is still functional with their 30-day deletion regulation! So World seven is ice?

When I hand you the visual beta, I would not recomment a single video, but around 30 minutes long videos, if you are fine with that. I also guess this would make it easier for you, maybe?
This way you do not need to spend hours to compile the videos.
I was also really surprised that the download-link still works when I checked for it. Maybe a new record for a demo? xD

Also, yes - world 7 is the ice world. The next world will be rock- and mechanical-themed, kind of like in DKC1 world 5. :-)
Snessy the duck wrote:I've gotta say, this has the potential to become My Favourite SMBX Episode of all time! Seriously, I played the demo, and I instantly fell in love with it! I freaking adore the artstyle, the gameplay captures the Mario feel prefectly while still being super unique, and the music is perfectly fitting for every bit of the entire demo, aswell as being picked from games with awesome soundtracks, like Super Mario Galaxy!

I wish you the greatest of the greatest luck on this Awesome Episode! Keep up the awesome work!
Thank you very much for your encouraging words ^_^

The demo is way outdated by now, so I am all the more happy when people like it that much. I may not be the most skilled designer, but I try to have a very decent quality in all my levels (and how many bugs and mistakes I already removed since the demo, I just can imagine the true number). It is still a lot to do, but I am also already really looking forward to the release of my episode.

It is great to see people actually liking what I have done, so I always do my best for that goal.

But yes, I am also a very little bit nervous about the outcome. ^^
Wohlstand wrote:Another video on one of your levels!

PGE Engine: Twillight Fortress
A test of the updated physical engine in the PGE Engine.
You just did the ninja on me. xD
For now it is too late for me, but I will watch your video tomorrow. I now need to search for my bed. ^^

Thank you very much for the video aswell :-)

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Wohlstand » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:49 pm

Sednaiur wrote: You just did the ninja on me. xD
For now it is too late for me, but I will watch your video tomorrow. I now need to search for my bed. ^^

Thank you very much for the video aswell :-)
Good Night ;-)
Also, tell me is music I selected good? (I replaced musics to other to avoid Content-ID treats. That annoying)

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:09 pm

Sednaiur wrote:I just finished the refining of another 3 levels:
Some of the levels lost almost half their block count, which was more than 6000 blocks for one level. xD
There were still unused graphics inside some folders, that were from early 2013. :-P
I already see the performance go up more too. Level 3-7 (the level with the sandstorm) has a lot less lag now, due to the removed second layer of FGOs in all the overworld-sections.
I also changed the night-time of level 3-6 to a bright day-time, since world 3 mostly features night levels.
And these orange-brownish sandy blocks on the lower-left screen is a new block, that you can only remove by grabbing it from the topside. Obviously it replaces the SMB2 sand-NPC but it is all solid, so one cannot simply pass it, exept for NPCs themselves, as the sandblock-NPC does not seem accept the "npcblock=1"-flag.

If everything goes well, then I will finish refining world 3 this week.
*except?

I do like the idea you are going their^_^ Also, do you remember your ice NPCs (the crystals)? Have you found an NPC to replace them with since 2.0 uses the 8 dummy NPCs?
Sednaiur wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:Oh so you actually made the hills wooden. I did too!
I already made some wooden hills around two years ago, but they are mostly only featured in one level, which is level 1-3. First they had a gruesome blue recolor, but I disliked it so much that I just made them normal colored. Never thrust blue when it comes to wood. :-P
For the release itself, I assume that I can release my "Visual beta" in around a month...hopefully.
Wait, Visual Beta for everyone comes out in a month (Which is ironic since my birthday is in the beginning of October) or just for as303298/Wraith Adamknight and myself?
Sednaiur wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:This is looking even nicer. I regret not being able to quickly reference the world themes, or the original full scale world map, but still. Maybe I should record it all in one video for a "Longplay"? Also, I am surprised a two year old Sendspace link is still functional with their 30-day deletion regulation! So World seven is ice?

When I hand you the visual beta, I would not recomment a single video, but around 30 minutes long videos, if you are fine with that. I also guess this would make it easier for you, maybe?
I was also really surprised that the download-link still works when I checked for it. Maybe a new record for a demo? xD

Also, yes - world 7 is the ice world. The next world will be rock- and mechanical-themed, kind of like in DKC1 world 5. :-)
I will split this up further.
Sednaiur wrote:
Any time^_^
Sednaiur wrote:When I hand you the visual beta, I would not recomment a single video, but around 30 minutes long videos, if you are fine with that. I also guess this would make it easier for you, maybe?
*recommend?

What do you mean by "Compile the Videos" My seven hour videos and even the old 12 hour video I had took maybe less than an hour to upload. I can do ~30 minutes each, but that is actually harder on me since I have no way to cut it off intentionally at 30 minutes. I guess I can do both. The Seperated Videos, then a Long play afterward.
Sednaiur wrote:Also, yes - world 7 is the ice world. The next world will be rock- and mechanical-themed, kind of like in DKC1 world 5. :-)
I love ice worlds and I love late game ice worlds even more. If world 8/9 is Mechanical themed, would that mean the factory I am looking forward to so much for the past year and a half will be in late world 8? I can wait not see your rendition of that level! Also, Do you have planned a Space Tower like you did a Sky Tower in World 1? I remember you talking about both would be in world 8 or later.

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Sednaiur » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:49 pm

Wohlstand wrote:Good Night ;-)
Also, tell me is music I selected good? (I replaced musics to other to avoid Content-ID treats. That annoying)
Thanks xD
I think I can see some more differences since your last video. Your engine is more and more getting closer to SMBX and I am already very excited about it. ^^
The kill effect of the plants (and assumingy every other NPC with a poof-effect as death effect) looks strange but interesting. It is like burning remains that fall off the screen and has a little sense of reality to me. I assume you are slowly coding the death effects in now.

What I really like, is how you make the player enter the warps for the pipes at the exact spot where they touch it, instead of shifting the player to the center of it. It looks way closer to the original Mario-games to me. :-)
Maybe you could make that the same way for exiting a warp like this? I guess it would look strange when you enter the warp at the spot where you touch it, but then you exit the warp on the other side, you are centered again.
An additional idea would be to have somekind of waypoint that you can place from warp to warp (in the fashion of placing blocks, for example), and that tells the camera to move along it, like the camera does in SMB3. This would be interesting but also useful, when the player enters the warp and sees exactly where it goes, instead of being confused if he still is in the same section, or if he got to a different section.This would be really nice to have, but of course this is just a suggestion, that may even be too early by now.

About the music, I think it fits great for the exterior. I like i way more than the music I use for the exterior of the level. Maybe you can give me a link to the music? ^^
And the level itself will get a rebuild within the next days, as I really do not like it the way it is now. Too messy with the layers-menagement and not enough elaboration on the theme itself. :-P

Again, thank you very much for showing off some more of your engine. Interestingly enough, it can already handle most things like SMBX, even though, some of the AI-scripts are still missing, like the shooting or the flying of the NPCs(the turtles in your previous video).

I am looking forward to be able to use your cool engine in the future. I already have lots of ideas for it. :-)
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:I do like the idea you are going their^_^ Also, do you remember your ice NPCs (the crystals)? Have you found an NPC to replace them with since 2.0 uses the 8 dummy NPCs?
I guess I could use the SMB2-diggable sand-NPC easily, for example. But I assume when I start to use SMBX 2.0, I can simply recode some of the NPCs back to my likings. After all, this is what SMBX 2.0 is improving upon, if I am interpreting that right. :-)
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Sednaiur wrote:For the release itself, I assume that I can release my "Visual beta" in around a month...hopefully.
Wait, Visual Beta for everyone comes out in a month (Which is ironic since my birthday is in the beginning of October) or just for as303298/Wraith Adamknight and myself?
I meant, to be able to give it to you and As303298, sorry about the confusion. If I would just release it to the public, it would be no "Visual beta" anymore. :-P
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Sednaiur wrote:When I hand you the visual beta, I would not recomment a single video, but around 30 minutes long videos, if you are fine with that. I also guess this would make it easier for you, maybe?
*recommend?

What do you mean by "Compile the Videos" My seven hour videos and even the old 12 hour video I had took maybe less than an hour to upload. I can do ~30 minutes each, but that is actually harder on me since I have no way to cut it off intentionally at 30 minutes. I guess I can do both. The Seperated Videos, then a Long play afterward.
Thanks for the corrections, even though, I just hit the wrong key on this word and forgot the letter on the other one :-P
Do as you please. I am not in the position to give you any restriction or orders, nor do I want to. ^^
I will watch what I get.
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:I love ice worlds and I love late game ice worlds even more. If world 8/9 is Mechanical themed, would that mean the factory I am looking forward to so much for the past year and a half will be in late world 8? I can wait not see your rendition of that level! Also, Do you have planned a Space Tower like you did a Sky Tower in World 1? I remember you talking about both would be in world 8 or later.
I hope that you will like my interpretation of an ice world then.^^
By the factory, do you mean the nuclear power plant? If so, then yes, it is located at the end of world 8, and it actually is split into two levels aswell. It will be glowing neon green, it will have rusty spots here and there, and if you are not careful, you will drown in radioactive liquid, while escaping the boiler you have previously blown up. Should be at least a bit of fun to play. ^^

And about the sky tower, there is already a space tower in world 6, so you have two towers. But this time, both will include a checkpoint too. ;-)

Wohlstand
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Re: Lowser's Conquest (three more levels refined)

Postby Wohlstand » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:20 pm

Sednaiur wrote: The kill effect of the plants (and assumingy every other NPC with a poof-effect as death effect) looks strange but interesting. It is like burning remains that fall off the screen and has a little sense of reality to me. I assume you are slowly coding the death effects in now.
I worked on effects system in common, and now possible produce various effects of any complexity, but handling death effects by conditions wasn't done yet. That a last part needed to fix to finally has same effects as in legacy engine.
Sednaiur wrote: What I really like, is how you make the player enter the warps for the pipes at the exact spot where they touch it, instead of shifting the player to the center of it. It looks way closer to the original Mario-games to me. :-)
Yea, and I desired to make this, and I did! ;) I never liked shifting character to center of pipe on enter, and that looks bit ugly.
Sednaiur wrote: Maybe you could make that the same way for exiting a warp like this? I guess it would look strange when you enter the warp at the spot where you touch it, but then you exit the warp on the other side, you are centered again.
An additional idea would be to have somekind of waypoint that you can place from warp to warp (in the fashion of placing blocks, for example), and that tells the camera to move along it, like the camera does in SMB3. This would be interesting but also useful, when the player enters the warp and sees exactly where it goes, instead of being confused if he still is in the same section, or if he got to a different section.This would be really nice to have, but of course this is just a suggestion, that may even be too early by now.
Centering on exit is not so dumb like on entrance, but in original SMB3 is same. One different: when player exiting from pipe down, player takes full falling speed while in SMBX it starts falling from pipe at zero speed.
Smooth moving camera between warp points also planned (as common mechanism of smooth camera moving which I also plan have with the events. But I think to have persistent time instead of persistent speed to align camera to target, because that will look smoother, and will don't annoy if camera motion target ends on VERY far position (sometimes I had this crap in SMBX Engine when wrongly applied section boundaries resizing)). Anyway in PGE Engine is different when player going inside same section or between different sections: camera will instantly move or camera will smoothly transit through darkness.
Sednaiur wrote: About the music, I think it fits great for the exterior. I like i way more than the music I use for the exterior of the level. Maybe you can give me a link to the music? ^^
Take it ;-) http://wohlsoft.ru/docs/Music/MIDI/doom ... RUNNI2.mid
To listen same as on video, use PGE MusPlay, and: use ADLMIDI MIDI Device, disable tremolo and vibrato, then toggle bank #62 (Duke Nukem 3D), but you also can play with parameters and banks to listen differences. ADLMIDI supported on PGE itself and on LunaLUA-SMBX. So, to use same bank in game, you must append to end of music path the arguments:

D_RUNNI2.mid|b62;v0;t0;
b - bank, v - vibrato, t - tremolo. Suggested to keep tremolo with banks 58 and 59, other banks are used in their games without those flags.
EDIT: Accidentally found that this music gotten from Blood game by 3D Realms (Level E3M6). Anyway, that game itself is OVER-filled with violence and blood (it's name of game!)

Also, musics used in previous video:
http://wohlsoft.ru/docs/Music/MIDI/Age% ... 0Wally.mid - as in-castle theme
http://wohlsoft.ru/docs/Music/MIDI/fokstrot___.mid - as bonus room (wasn't actually played because I doesn't visited bonus room in the video)
http://wohlsoft.ru/docs/Music/MIDI/Jazz ... 0Nazis.mid - used in boss room, that music from Wolfenstein 3D game, originally in IMF format (SDL Mixer X also can play that format)
If you want, I have collection of MIDI's here:
http://wohlsoft.ru/docs/Music/MIDI/
And much bigger collection here, include MIDI's made by myself:
https://yadi.sk/d/dy8O_1-ktcs9P
Sednaiur wrote: And the level itself will get a rebuild within the next days, as I really do not like it the way it is now. Too messy with the layers-menagement and not enough elaboration on the theme itself. :-P
I saw :P (especially when I debugged engine to fix wired bug with initial section detection, I placed player point into different sections and tested level, and I saw some layers clashes, especially if to don't hit some blocks in necessary time, but I hope that confuse will be resolved)
Sednaiur wrote: Again, thank you very much for showing off some more of your engine. Interestingly enough, it can already handle most things like SMBX, even though, some of the AI-scripts are still missing, like the shooting or the flying of the NPCs(the turtles in your previous video).
There is many works still, and because I had full-week job, I had less time to code, especially in free time on job, at every evening or every day-offs (except I very tired (distance between home and job place takes ~1.5 hour of transition) and sleeping a lot, like a bear). But anyway I did huge re-organizing and I almost ready to release update and add two new config packs: your SMBXpanded and SMBX38A (which binds stuff from the SMBX 1.4.x to let people easier deal with Chinese levels in the PGE). Recently I finished support of split-mode of item configs that allows me easier update them every time I changing standard 292 NPC's to don't touch all next (which are now DIFFERENT in various config packs since months ago)
Sednaiur wrote: I am looking forward to be able to use your cool engine in the future. I already have lots of ideas for it. :-)
Thanks again :D
Your graphics excellent!
Last edited by Wohlstand on Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:54 pm

Sednaiur wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:I do like the idea you are going their^_^ Also, do you remember your ice NPCs (the crystals)? Have you found an NPC to replace them with since 2.0 uses the 8 dummy NPCs?
I guess I could use the SMB2-diggable sand-NPC easily, for example. But I assume when I start to use SMBX 2.0, I can simply recode some of the NPCs back to my likings. After all, this is what SMBX 2.0 is improving upon, if I am interpreting that right. :-)
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Sednaiur wrote:For the release itself, I assume that I can release my "Visual beta" in around a month...hopefully.
I meant, to be able to give it to you and As303298, sorry about the confusion. If I would just release it to the public, it would be no "Visual beta" anymore. :-P
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
*recommend?

Thanks for the corrections, even though, I just hit the wrong key on this word and forgot the letter on the other one :-P
Do as you please. I am not in the position to give you any restriction or orders, nor do I want to. ^^
I will watch what I get.
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:I love ice worlds and I love late game ice worlds even more. If world 8/9 is Mechanical themed, would that mean the factory I am looking forward to so much for the past year and a half will be in late world 8? I can wait not see your rendition of that level! Also, Do you have planned a Space Tower like you did a Sky Tower in World 1? I remember you talking about both would be in world 8 or later.
I hope that you will like my interpretation of an ice world then.^^
By the factory, do you mean the nuclear power plant? If so, then yes, it is located at the end of world 8, and it actually is split into two levels aswell. It will be glowing neon green, it will have rusty spots here and there, and if you are not careful, you will drown in radioactive liquid, while escaping the boiler you have previously blown up. Should be at least a bit of fun to play. ^^

And about the sky tower, there is already a space tower in world 6, so you have two towers. But this time, both will include a checkpoint too. ;-)
I was thinking your Space Tower was latter? Either way, I have been waiting for your nuclear Power plant! (I wish you can check my CC12 level as well.) I do plan on doing a 12 hour video and a lot of 30 minute videos as well.

Edit:
Spoiler: show
Last edited by MECHDRAGON777 on Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PROX
Banned

Postby PROX » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:10 am

so you decided to ditch the old thread for this one eh? No wonder I haven't seen an update in a while lol
Also LOL I see those water droplets xD. I did the same thing in my 1-2 level

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:55 am

PROX wrote:so you decided to ditch the old thread for this one eh? No wonder I haven't seen an update in a while lol
I am not sure if that is a joke or not. (Considering we have had to make new Project Threads since the new rules) ...I just wonder who did the water dropplets first, You or Sednauir?

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:02 am

Sednaiur wrote: I already see the performance go up more too. Level 3-7 (the level with the sandstorm) has a lot less lag now, due to the removed second layer of FGOs in all the overworld-sections.
You could, theoretically, also use particles.lua for the sandstorm effect. Making it less laggy instead of just flatout removing it.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:13 am

witchking666 wrote:
Sednaiur wrote: I already see the performance go up more too. Level 3-7 (the level with the sandstorm) has a lot less lag now, due to the removed second layer of FGOs in all the overworld-sections.
You could, theoretically, also use particles.lua for the sandstorm effect. Making it less laggy instead of just flatout removing it.
According to that message, he only removed the second layer of FGOs, which means only the second, not first. However, it would reduce lag even more if he did it with Particles, but I think it would look different if he did that!

PROX
Banned

Postby PROX » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:15 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
PROX wrote:so you decided to ditch the old thread for this one eh? No wonder I haven't seen an update in a while lol
I am not sure if that is a joke or not. (Considering we have had to make new Project Threads since the new rules) ...I just wonder who did the water dropplets first, You or Sednauir?
I see nothing in the rules stating that we have to make a new project thread.... in any case, I did it first, but it's ok. It's not that big of a deal. Darkonius did it before both of us though.
Last edited by PROX on Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:19 am

Well then, still looking forward to this SMBX Episode. Let's hope it goes to completion so I can play the heck out of this SMBX Episode. A lot of it looks truly amazing.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:49 am

PROX wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
I see nothing in the rules stating that we have to make a new project thread.... in any case, I did it first, but it's ok. It's not that big of a deal. Darkonius did it before both of us though.
Why do you think every thread got moved to the archives and their is a new rules thread I. The projects forum, on top of that, a few global announcements on the matter.

loop
Ninji
Ninji
Flair: i may be dumb but im not stupid!
Pronouns: he/him/they

Re: Lowser's Conquest (World 3 refined)

Postby loop » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:03 pm

I noticed the support bar redirects us to the archived thread, so I whipped up a new code. Updated support code:

[url=http://www.smbxgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=16513][img]http://s10.postimg.org/9dpghzcfd/support_banner.png[/img][/url]

Return to “Projects”