M7: Mafiafia - Day 5

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
TheTurnipLord
Dolphin
Dolphin

Re: M7: Mafiafia

Postby TheTurnipLord » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:08 pm

Sorry, I'm late.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo
Pronouns: he/him

Postby zioy » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:08 pm

TheTurnipLord wrote:Sorry, I'm late.
Nothing much has happened, though I'd prefer if you answered my survey.

qig
Ninji
Ninji

Postby qig » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:23 pm

Blue Bomber sent me this mega questionable PM.
I have an offer for you. So I have this secret irc channel running with a couple members for Mafia games ever since M5, it is a place where we exchange all information and talk about our next moves. We are all truthful with each other and claim our roles. When we claim, we promise not to reveal our roles and expose us if we are Mafia. We work as a group of mixed roles, no matter which side we partake, to mess with the town and just generally talk about the current game and any new info we gained.

I was wondering if you would join our group @ #dreadfulsecrets and help us win, if you are Mafia, we won't kill you until the very end where we decide whether to let the Mafia or town win.

All I ask you if for you to claim your role truthfully and I won't let it get past the group. Once you claim, we grant you 100% protection and promise not to expose you. We also may have a couple specials in our group but you will have to find out by joining.
This whole thing seems extremely suspicious.

Magna
Banned

Postby Magna » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:25 pm

qig wrote:Blue Bomber sent me this mega questionable PM.
I have an offer for you. So I have this secret irc channel running with a couple members for Mafia games ever since M5, it is a place where we exchange all information and talk about our next moves. We are all truthful with each other and claim our roles. When we claim, we promise not to reveal our roles and expose us if we are Mafia. We work as a group of mixed roles, no matter which side we partake, to mess with the town and just generally talk about the current game and any new info we gained.

I was wondering if you would join our group @ #dreadfulsecrets and help us win, if you are Mafia, we won't kill you until the very end where we decide whether to let the Mafia or town win.

All I ask you if for you to claim your role truthfully and I won't let it get past the group. Once you claim, we grant you 100% protection and promise not to expose you. We also may have a couple specials in our group but you will have to find out by joining.
Come on man. :(

I was gonna give you immunity and now you kick me in the nuts.

qig
Ninji
Ninji

Postby qig » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:26 pm

xD

qig
Ninji
Ninji

Postby qig » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:27 pm

I don't care about getting immunity. I care about these Mafia games being played in a fair and reasonable manner, and an IRC channel designed to rig the results is lame.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zioy » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:29 pm

Blue Bomber wrote:
qig wrote:Blue Bomber sent me this mega questionable PM.

Come on man. :(

I was gonna give you immunity and now you kick me in the nuts.

I don't know, the whole thing feels legitimate to me. I'm not getting any weird vibes from Blue Bomber, but revealing the name of a secret IRC channel is a bit on the suspicious side. It could be a fake PM, though. That's the information I'm getting right now.

My current suspicion list:
1. PaperPlayerX
I'm getting a weird vibe from him that I don't like. He's being oddly quiet.
2. qig
It seems like you're trying to force the information into the public by posting a possibly fake PM.
3. Blue Bomber
It's possible that the PM was real, in which case you may be trying to trick people like in M4.

qig
Ninji
Ninji

Postby qig » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:35 pm

i mean, you could check out the irc channel yourself, or the fact that he basically confirmed it in his last post..

I'm not sure why I'm suspicious for trying to make sure this game is played without a group trying to rig the results.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zioy » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:36 pm

qig wrote:i mean, you could check out the irc channel yourself, or the fact that he basically confirmed it in his last post..

I'm not sure why I'm suspicious for trying to make sure this game is played without a group trying to rig the results.
Hm... yeah this makes sense.
You're off my suspicion list for now.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:29 pm

Yeah, this chatroom seems suspicious. I know it's real because I went to check it out for myself. I have multiple theories/explanations on this.

1. KoolKat defended Blue Bomber at first, when it was obvious that the message is real. I know this because I was also invited there via PM. KoolKat and Blue Bomber could be Mafia working with each other to find experienced players to pick off one by one.

2. I worked with KoolKat in M6 as Mafia, so I know how he does things. The Town played pretty poorly last game, so he might think that the same could happen again.

3. KoolKat is a master of manipulation in Mafia, which makes him not very trustworthy. Many have fallen victim to his manipulation.

4. Bluntly asking for someone's role for "trust" is EXTREMELY suspicious. I wouldn't want to give out my role to someone I cannot trust yet, because they could be Mafia trying to trick us.

EDIT: I just saw that KoolKat was the one who invited me. Definitely raises my suspicion.

Magna
Banned

Postby Magna » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:39 pm

The message is real, but I never asked KoolKat to defend me nor are we working together as Mafia.

My chatroom is a place established since M5 where specific users would gather together to discuss the current state of the game and to talk strategies and exchange information. Anyone can join only if we can have their complete trust and have them truthfully role-claim to us.

Oh and I never asked qig to post my PM to him here, it was just a misfortune. Me asking someone directly on the forums for their role for no reason is suspicious. Me PMing someone privately asking someone to join a secret group and role claim to be trustworthy is not totally suspicious.

I know some of you may bandwagon on me for this but before you do, look back at the previous games and see where loose bandwagoning has gotten us before.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:47 pm

But why would you bluntly ask for our roles? You should know better. None of us know YOUR role, so how can we know if you are Mafia or not? You could easily lie about your roles. Yes, you could get caught, but there's a chance you wouldn't. Also, I do believe that you and KoolKat are working together because so far, you and him are the only ones we've heard who have sent PMs.

If anyone else has gotten a PM from someone asking you to join this chatroom, please make a post saying so and who PMd you.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:49 pm

Also, excuse me for double posting, but in M6, we jusr came up with a bunch of random users to bandwagon on. We actually have huge suspicion against you two.

FallingSnow
Nipper
Nipper

Postby FallingSnow » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:51 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:Also, excuse me for double posting, but in M6, we jusr came up with a bunch of random users to bandwagon on. We actually have huge suspicion against you two.
Since you're not supposed to edit posts in the game topics, double posting is allowed. Just try not to triple/quadruple/quintuple/etc. post :)

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:54 pm

Well, crud. I did edit my post earlier when I left out something about who PMd me, was not aware of that. Makes sense now, though. Sorry about that. :p

Magna
Banned

Postby Magna » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:56 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:Also, excuse me for double posting, but in M6, we jusr came up with a bunch of random users to bandwagon on. We actually have huge suspicion against you two.
Thats fine, but what if you are wrong? You may lose a Townie or even a special.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:59 pm

Um, there's plenty of evidence backing this up, and I'm not the only one who is suspicious of you two. It seems like you are trying to put me in a false sense of security so I won't think you're Mafia.

Magna
Banned

Postby Magna » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:03 am

Just saaaayiiiiiiiing.

But seriously. I'm not mafia and KoolKat isn't either. He role claimed to me and I did to him so we have each others trust, but we aren't mafia. I was just trying get more people to join my alliance so that we can join together to win the game. It was my mistake to send the PM to someone like qig. I wasn't intentionally trying to force you to reveal your roles, besides, I was gonna reveal mine and all the others in my group so its pretty fair.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:10 am

But the whole concept just seems way too off to be trusted. Like I said before, we don't know if you're Mafia or not, and you can lie about your role. This chatroom idea just seems way too good to be true. I requested that people tell if others PMd about this group as well so we can at least be sure if this isn't an attempt for the Mafia to figure out peoples' roles.

Magna
Banned

Postby Magna » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:13 am

Zeldamaster12 wrote:But the whole concept just seems way too off to be trusted. Like I said before, we don't know if you're Mafia or not, and you can lie about your role. This chatroom idea just seems way too good to be true. I requested that people tell if others PMd about this group as well so we can at least be sure if this isn't an attempt for the Mafia to figure out peoples' roles.
If you want, you can ask fellow group members of what we did in past games. They will say that we are an innocent group used for trading inside information and developing strategies.

You can ask a few people from my group like:
-Me
-Pseudo-dino
-KoolKat
-LittleBoo
-Valtries The Fox

Those are a few.

Return to “Mafia”