M1: Practice Makes Perfect POSTGAME

The popular forum game that separates the good from the bad, the strong from the weak, and the loose-cannon cops from the slightly schizophrenic. That's all after we figure out who's who, of course.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

M1: Practice Makes Perfect POSTGAME

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:45 pm

Town wins!

The Mafia
Mafioso - Ignoritus
Mafioso - Murphmario
Mafioso - Ragont

The Townspeople
Sheriff - Blueoak
Doctor - Bomber57
Vigilante - qig
Townsperson - TheLordKhon
Townsperson - Christian07
Townsperson - Sux
Townsperson - GLuigiX
Townsperson - michel
Townsperson - Raster
Townsperson - Pseudo-dino
Townsperson - Yoshibrothers
Miller - Blue Greed

Phase Recap
Night 1 (Bomber57 killed, Blue Greed vigi'd, Ignoritus inspected) - Right off the bat, michel wants the Sheriff to PM him...and then the Sheriff apparently PMs him. Wow, that was fast. What exactly made michel so trustable? Then, Blueoak and Bomber57 claim their roles to eachother (likely because they're friends and trust eachother), with Bomber57 implementing a trust mechanism to make sure Blueoak isn't lying. Not a bad tactic! Except then Bomber died, and Blue Greed turned up red. Interesting!

Day 1 (Ignoritus lynched) - GLuigiX votes for Murphmario and nobody else does. michel comes in and says to vote for Ignoritus because he has contact with the Sheriff. That's great because he ended up being right, but there was nothing at that moment to prove it. Blueoak and qig come in with some nice disguises to hide their identities as Sheriff and Vigi, but qig decides to vote for michel. Despite the fact that michel was right about a lot of things, he should've been inspected first before being trusted with what is essentially the position of alliance leader. GLuigiX presents some arguments about not trusting michel, who had previously revealed that the Sheriff essentially leaked the identity of the Doctor. I'll ask again - why was so much trust put in michel? Nevertheless, Ignoritus accumulates enough votes and is lynched. 1 mafioso down, 2 to go.

Night 2 (michel killed, Ragont vigi'd, qig inspected) - michel's death was an easy one to spot, but Ragont's seemed to come out of nowhere despite benefitting the town. Even though michel should've been inspected ASAP, his death provided another way to do that so Blueoak could inspect someone else. michel also asked for the Vigi to contact him.

Day 2 (GLuigiX lynched) - This day starts out with Blueoak claiming Sheriff to the thread and revealing that Ragont's death was actually planned by the alliance. The one thing that doesn't look right here (besides michel being trusted) is the accusations made against GLuigiX. According to Blueoak, GLuigiX claimed townsperson, which was a useless move since there's nobody that can argue for or against it. The only way to trust GLuigiX's claim would be to inspect him, but qig was the better option for that. I don't see why GLuigiX was included in the alliance in the first place, and I also don't see how Blueoak came to the conclusion that GLuigiX was somehow in the Mafia. Also, everyone hopped on the GLuigiX lynch bandwagon without realizing that Blueoak's accusations didn't make much sense.

Night 3 (Blueoak killed, Pseudo-dino vigi'd, Raster inspected) - For whatever reason, nothing worthwhile was posted in the thread during this phase. You guys gotta use the thread more, that's what it's there for! I will mention that, by this point, Murphmario is calling all the shots for the Mafia.

Day 3 (Yoshibrothers lynched) - Flimsy evidence (if any evidence at all) for Yoshibrothers being in the Mafia. Now would be a great time to interrogate people! Also, use the thread more!!! Tell everybody what you're thinking!

Night 4 (TheLordKhon killed, Murphmario vigi'd) - Game over, qig vigi's Murphmario. Not sure where he got the idea to do that, but it ended up working. Thread wasn't used at all during this phase. Boo.

So, as you can see, we have some communication problems. But for a first Mafia game, this was alright! The thread should be used more and players should be more open with their suspicions and opinions (suspicion lists are a great way to go for that, I'll explain more in the discussion thread).

Player Analyses
Ignoritus - You were gone for a bit and kinda got screwed. Sorry!

Murphmario - You weren't very active in the thread, but this kind of helped you.

Ragont - Your death was the victim of an inspection, but I feel like you could've done a better job to defend yourself. That is, if anybody would've posted their suspicions about you in the first place. I guess it's not as much your fault!

Blueoak - Nice job with the alliance work, but claiming to the thread might not've been the best option.

Bomber57 - You had a decent run before being killed on the first night, so there's not much to say here.

qig - Very good job with your arguments and suspicions. I liked your skepticism.

TheLordKhon - Not much to say here except I think you jumped on the bandwagon once.

Christian07 - Not very active either!

Sux - Really inactive.

GLuigiX - You had good intentions but you misstepped a few times (claiming town, asking for one of the specials to PM you). All part of the learning experience!

michel - For some reason, most (if not all) of what you said ended up being true. However, there wasn't as much basis for it because you hadn't been inspected yet (but that's not your fault). Good job getting people to trust you, though!

Raster - A little on the inactive side, but your arguments were good.

Pseudo-dino - Same thing with the rest of the inactive people. Post more!

Yoshibrothers - You did a decent job trying to defend yourself!

Blue Greed - Not much could've been done to prevent your death. Better luck next time!

~

This went really well for a first Mafia game. I'm looking forward to more!

Return to “Mafia”