Toy Castle

Levels that have good quality and are worth playing.
Dragonmaster146
Spike
Spike

Toy Castle

Postby Dragonmaster146 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:37 pm

Horray for me not coming up with a creative name! Again! But anyways, this is my lasted Level submitted to the Community. Enjoy.
Spoiler: show
DL: http://www.mediafire.com/download/an2wt ... Castle.zip

Eternity
Snifit
Snifit

Re: Toy Castle

Postby Eternity » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:23 pm

Review - Toy Castle

Level Design: 13/20

The level design was pretty neat overall; the obstacles were well thought out and fun to play through for the most part, and the level was pretty unique with the toy gimmick and the different sprites. This level has some great level design, and I would gladly give it a higher score, but there are some design issues holding me back.

The hole where the player goes down after the first key is filled with spiny eggs, which are pretty much impossible to avoid. Even if the player manages to avoid them, it's hard not to take a hit when they fall to the ground anyway, giving the player a blind hit. Simply removing them would fix that.

The second section of the level (after the midway point) was too cramped and annoying to play through. There was hardly any space to move around, specially if the player is big, and most of the obstacles there seem to be just thrown out without any real thought, to be honest. It's also pretty repetitive when compared with the first one, as it doesn't really add anything to the level or expand on the level's gimmick, so I recommend simply removing it.

The 'second boss fight' felt a bit unnecessary and I believe the level would be better without it. The first one already provided enough of a challenge and ending it there would probably be better.

Atmosphere: 8/10

The atmosphere was very nice overall, with a colorful and vibrant feel which reminds me of something I could see on a Kirby game. The tileset was also well done, and I couldn't find any noticeable glitches or cutoff. The music also seems to fit well, but it seems a bit too repetitive. Nothing really wrong there, the atmosphere was very nice throughout.

Score: 7/10 - Approved

While the level design was great and it started pretty nice, it seemed to get more and more repetitive, as the level didn't introduce anything new to keep the player interested. I would love to give this a higher score, but there are simply way too many design issues, specially on the second half of it.

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zlaker » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:04 am

This level looks amazing and fun. Alright if I use some of the GFX?

Dragonmaster146
Spike
Spike

Postby Dragonmaster146 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:32 pm

zlakerboy357 wrote:This level looks amazing and fun. Alright if I use some of the GFX?
Sure since all of those gfxs are released already.

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:26 pm

My Video Playthrough:

Original YouTube Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpt5m-7Oars

YTsupertyrusland23

Postby YTsupertyrusland23 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:17 pm

Last edited by YTsupertyrusland23 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

FutureNyanCat
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: Species: Felis robotus
Pronouns: He/Him

Postby FutureNyanCat » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:05 pm

Is that your gameplay of the level, supertyrusland?

silent_
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby silent_ » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:27 pm

FutureNyanCat2014 wrote:Is that your gameplay of the level, supertyrusland?
Yes, his YouTube account is tyrus ward.

YTsupertyrusland23

Postby YTsupertyrusland23 » Thu May 01, 2014 1:53 pm

FutureNyanCat2014 wrote:Is that your gameplay of the level, supertyrusland?
yes why?

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:20 pm

Is It Okay If I Make A King Doo EX (Replacing Wart Instead Of Birdo) As A Recolor Of Your King Doo Graphic?

glitch4
Banned

Postby glitch4 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:58 pm

Ness-Wednesday wrote:Is It Okay If I Make A King Doo EX (Replacing Wart Instead Of Birdo) As A Recolor Of Your King Doo Graphic?
It's okay if you make it from his graphics. Also good luck trying to replace NPCs.

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:59 am

glitch4 wrote:
Ness-Wednesday wrote:Is It Okay If I Make A King Doo EX (Replacing Wart Instead Of Birdo) As A Recolor Of Your King Doo Graphic?
It's okay if you make it from his graphics. Also good luck trying to replace NPCs.
I Already Did Yesterday:
Spoiler: show
npc-201.gif

Return to “Pretty Good”