PGE Flagship (CC9 Entry) 13th Place (Updated Fixed Version!)

For the levels that stand out among the rest.
zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

PGE Flagship (CC9 Entry) 13th Place (Updated Fixed Version!)

Postby zlaker » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:09 am

Yes my CC9 level; PGE Flagship. I know I'm late posting this cause CC10 has already started lol. Here are some few screenshots.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I was aiming for Top 10 with this level, but I got 13th and I really think that's a fair placement.

I decided to you guys two download links. One with the level I sent to Valtteri, but with some small fixes. The second one has the level, but everything is fixed. However the only way I could fix the errors and glitches is to remove the WHOLE second half of the level as it was that part of the level none of the judges could complete.

As you can see, the level has taken elements from Mario Kart 8's Cloudtop Cruise and elements from Super Mario World both gameplay and aesthetics. This level has a lot of gimmicks and a lot of events and layers so I suggest disabling when youu're gonna play the level. Hope you enjoy the level! even though it's glitchy as fuck :c

Download PGE Flagship Original Version!

Download PGE Flagship Fixed Version!
Last edited by zlaker on Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Marina
Cecil
Cecil
Flair: Pachinko
Pronouns: she/her/they/them

Re: PGE Flagship (CC9 Entry) 13th Place

Postby Marina » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:13 am

Moved to Best because bias 10/10 from Valtteri.

Radishl

Postby Radishl » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:09 am

For some reason I believe that there's this bias that makes levels with clouds going through and around the terrain automatically in the highest tiers. Is this just me thinking too much?

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Postby RudeGuy » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:07 pm

You forgot the music.

zioy
Birdo
Birdo
Pronouns: he/him

Postby zioy » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:49 pm

Radishl wrote:For some reason I believe that there's this bias that makes levels with clouds going through and around the terrain automatically in the highest tiers. Is this just me thinking too much?
It's just that most designers who use that technique put the time and effort into their level to make it into the higher tiers. Tileset mixing can sometimes be hard-ish.

SuperMario7
Flurry
Flurry

Postby SuperMario7 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:56 pm

Mini-Review:

Fantastic level! I just played it and I'm really impressed. I'm actually quite surprised that this only got 13th, I would have put it in my top 3 favorite levels of this contest (from the ones I've played so far...). Great design, great mix of gimmicks, and great job with the graphics. The level looked, and played, amazingly. I think you should add more powerups, though, and I'm a bit disappointing that there wasn't as many thundercloud sections. However, I saw that you tried to design the level further in missing parts of the sections, and I think the length was perfect so there is no need for more sections. So I'm glad you decided to keep the level a little shorter. Great work!

Personal Score: 9.25/10

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zlaker » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:33 am

RudeGuy07 wrote:You forgot the music.
Which version of the level did you play?
SuperMario7 wrote:Mini-Review:

Fantastic level! I just played it and I'm really impressed. I'm actually quite surprised that this only got 13th, I would have put it in my top 3 favorite levels of this contest (from the ones I've played so far...).
SuperMario7 wrote: Great design, great mix of gimmicks, and great job with the graphics. The level looked, and played, amazingly.
Thank you! This is my creative level yet and I did put a lot of effort into it. Most of the judges was impressed of all of the mechanics in the level, however they thought it was too much. They didn't enjoy the boss either as they found it extremely hard.
SuperMario7 wrote:I think you should add more powerups, though,
Yeah, the amount of Power-Ups wasn't probably enough in the level.
SuperMario7 wrote: and I'm a bit disappointing that there wasn't as many thundercloud sections.
I would've added more, but I did hit the block limit so that is why I made the boss :/

Anyway thanks for the review. It will really help to improve me when I'm gonna design levels in the future.
EDIT: Added some screens of the thundercloud section in the level

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Postby RudeGuy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:45 am

zlakergirl357 wrote:
I've downloaded the fixed version. There is no music file where the level file is, but I have found 2 music files inside the folder, one called "cloudtop" and one called "cloudtopthunder". Are these the musics which are used in the level?

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zlaker » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:15 pm

RudeGuy07 wrote:
zlakergirl357 wrote:
I've downloaded the fixed version. There is no music file where the level file is, but I have found 2 music files inside the folder, one called "cloudtop" and one called "cloudtopthunder". Are these the musics which are used in the level?
Added the mp3 files inside the zip file.

Return to “The Best”