Super Mario Legends (Lock Please)

This forum is for projects that are a work in progress.

How should I do the worlds of this project? Please read comment first.

8 Worlds - 8 Levels Per World
52%
8 Worlds - 6 Levels Per World
34%
5 Worlds - 6 Levels Per World
13%

Total votes: 61
SuperMario7
Flurry
Flurry

Super Mario Legends (Lock Please)

Postby SuperMario7 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:39 am

Special thanks to Cloud for making the logo.

Story
The story begins on a warm night in the mushroom kingdom. Peach has had a fun day with Mario and is going home. Mario walks into his house happily and goes to sleep. In the morning, Mario wakes up and notices a sudden quietness about the house, and finds out Luigi is no longer there. Curious, Mario steps outside and sees a horrific sight.

The mushroom kingdom is being destroyed by Bowser's Armada! The Toads yell about how Bowser's Airships appeared out of nowhere and that the Toads had no chance. But as the morning wears on, Toads begin to lose their minds and think that Bowser has been ruler of the Mushroom Kingdom for the last 20 years. Then, Mario meets up with Luigi and Toadsworth who talk with him until eventually fading into nothingness.

Mario runs to the castle, which has been taken over by Bowser, to save Peach. But right before he arrives, another Mario appears and tells him that he is Mario from the past. He tells the present Mario that Bowser traveled back in time the day before and has had 20 years to fortify his fortress against Mario and also has a mysterious power source which makes him invincible. The past Mario tells Mario that he has no chance against Bowser, and that the present Mario needs to travel back in time and stop Bowser before he takes over the whole Kingdom and gets the mysterious power source, known as the Shadow Shard.

Past Mario tells present Mario that Luigi and Toadsworth died in the past, and that is why they have suddenly faded away and the Toads have suddenly had their memories changed. Bowser has a time machine in his Grand Airship, and so the two Marios invade it the present one travels back in time (20 years and one day ago) so he can stop the damage Bowser will do, while past Mario holds off the guards.

TBC...

Screenshots
2/17 Screenshots:
Spoiler: show
Final Worlds 1-2 Screenshots:
Old Screenshots:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Image Image
Worlds
World 1 - Grassy Grasslands: These pleasant plains make up the first world of the game, with meadows dotted with trees bordering the lush coastline.

World 2 - Overgrown Woods: The second world of the game is a forest that is green and lush on the outside, but as you get deeper, it grows darker and denser. There are hundreds of tunnels below the forest, home to some dangerous creatures.

Word 3 - Ruined Mountains: These tall mountains are covered in many different kinds of ruins. They are the retirements of ancient civilizations, all brought down by a threatening volcano on the edge of this world.

TBC

Progress
I will be updating progress constantly, but I'm not going to bump this topic unless I have new screens. Keep checking back here for progress updates!
World 1 -Grassland (8/8 Levels Done): 100%
World 2 - Forest (8/8 Levels Done): 100%
World 3 - Ruins (6/6 Levels Done): 100%
World 4 - Water (0/7 Levels Done): 0%
World 5 - Cave (0/6 Levels Done): 0%
World 6 - Mountain (0/7 Levels Done): 0%
World 7 - Desert (0/8 Levels Done): 0%
World 8 - Snow (0/7 Levels Done): 0%
World 9 - Jungle (1/9 Levels Done): 11%
World 10 - Ghost (0/5 Levels Done): 0%
World 11 - Volcano (0/8 Levels Done): 0%
World 12 - Space (0/4 Levels Done): 0%
Overall (23/83): 28%
The Team
We have a great team of users that are helping this project become so much better, so special thanks to all the members of this team. There are still some available spots open, so feel free to ask for them either in this topic or by PM. Here is the list of the team:
Level Designers:
1. SuperMario7
2. lxniur
3. TNTimelord
4. [Available]

Beta Testers:
1. Sezixor
2. Herobrine8219
3. Cloud
4. illias3000
5. Squishy Rex
6. MECHDRAGON777
7. zlakerboy357
8. Sux
9 Maruiki
10. Fabman650

GFX Designers:
1. yoshi64
2. Sezixor
3. crazydev
4. Darkonius64
5. Squishy Rex
6. [Available]

Level Recorder:
1. Bossedit8
Support this Project!
To support this project, please put this banner in your signature (made by crazydev). Use the following url:

Code: Select all

[url=http://www.smbxgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=458][img]http://i.imgur.com/DIVu0nY.png[/img][/url]
Also, comments and constructive criticism always help inspire to work hard on my project, so they are also a very nice form of support! ;)
Last edited by SuperMario7 on Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:38 pm, edited 13 times in total.

crazydev
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Re: Super Mario Legends

Postby crazydev » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:33 pm

The project looks awesome, same as the last time I saw it. Do you mind if I become a more active graphics designer again?

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:40 am

These screenshots were food for my eyes. The design and near perfect use of scenery gives me strong hope for this episode.

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zlaker » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:48 pm

It has been a month since anyone has commented on this topic. It's too good and needs more attention. And screens looks amazing. I'll send you my review of the beta tomorrow okay?

SuperMario7
Flurry
Flurry

Postby SuperMario7 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:07 pm

Thanks zlakerboy, I'm glad you appreciate my project. I'm looking forward to seeing your reviews tomorrow! I'm sure they'll be great.

And sorry for the lack of progress lately, I've been pretty uninspired with SMBX entirely. I'll try to get back into it and make better progress for this project. Hopefully I'll find time to make a trailer soon since I just got some program for that.

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zlaker » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:32 am

SuperMario7 wrote:Thanks zlakerboy, I'm glad you appreciate my project. I'm looking forward to seeing your reviews tomorrow! I'm sure they'll be great.

And sorry for the lack of progress lately, I've been pretty uninspired with SMBX entirely. I'll try to get back into it and make better progress for this project. Hopefully I'll find time to make a trailer soon since I just got some program for that.
Here's a tip: Try to the inspired by other people's ideas and tweak the idea. That's how I came uop all the items and objects in my game. And if you need help with the trailer I could help you.

HealthyMario
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby HealthyMario » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:46 am

The screenshots looks very appealing! I wish I could have such amazing level design skills like you.

glitch4
Banned

Postby glitch4 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:22 pm

I like these screenshots!They are soooo cool.

Lx Xzit
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Lx Xzit » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:05 pm

I like the look of this project, it looks cool, the levels seem to be well structured, is one of the best projects I've seen!

Incidentally, I Might you change the name?, And change my name "lxniur" a "MechaLxniiur"

SuperMario7
Flurry
Flurry

Postby SuperMario7 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:26 am

zlakerboy357: Thanks for your advice. I'll try and follow it, and I bet it'll help me a lot. And I'm gonna try to make the trailer myself but if I'm having trouble, I'd definitely appreciate your help! ;)

HealthyMario/Litdude32: Thank you guys for your nice comments!

MechaLxNiiur: Thanks as well! It means a lot when you call this one of your favorite projects. And I assumed that you were lxniur from the other forums, so yeah, I know it's you.

Lx Xzit
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Lx Xzit » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:12 pm

Thank you!, A question for you SuperMario7 because not all the screenshots?, Ie going in the world 4 and only see some screenshots of the World 2

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Flair: Info under raps

Postby TLtimelord » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:02 pm

SuperMario7 wrote:And sorry for the lack of progress lately, I've been pretty uninspired with SMBX entirely. I'll try to get back into it and make better progress for this project. Hopefully I'll find time to make a trailer soon since I just got some program for that.
I'm in the same boat on this. Since I started playing Minecraft, with the addition the first level I was going to make for this episode isn't turned out well at all. I've probably had SMBX open for a total of about an hour the entire month of January.

SuperMario7
Flurry
Flurry

Postby SuperMario7 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:23 pm

MechaLxNiiur: I'll probably post world 3 and 4 screenshots soon. Thanks for reminding me.

TNTimelord: Well, it's too bad you haven't been doing much with SMBX either. I've actually been playing lots of MC as well, which is a big part of my inactivity. I'd like to see your level so far, though, even if it's not turning out so well so far. And no rush on it btw cause I'm not doing any more than you. :P

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zlaker » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:28 pm

SuperMario7 just gonna ask you something really quick. Did you get my review? I sent ya it today. Just checking.
Meow..

SuperMario7
Flurry
Flurry

Postby SuperMario7 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:14 pm

Yeah, I got your review just now. It was very good, and I'll do a more in-depth reply later. Thanks.

SuperMario7
Flurry
Flurry

Postby SuperMario7 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 pm

I haven't been working on this lately, as I've said above. I do have some screenshots on what I have done, so you can enjoy these for now. Hopefully I will work on this more now, and post updates more frequently. Anyway, hope you enjoy these screenshots! Here they are:
Comments/criticism is appreciated! :D (BTW trailer coming soon probably.)

Fuyu
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Super Mario Legends (New Screens 2/17/14)

Postby Fuyu » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:13 pm

Nice, really nice looking levels you got there SuperMario7. Graphics fit nicely, and appears to have great design, overall the lava one, seems to have a lot of platforming put into it.

Also, since you're going to use those bricks tiles you could maybe make an outline, it's about time someone makes some, but even if you make them or not it still looks really impressive. Looking forward to some more screenshots.

Shinbison-Kof
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Shinbison-Kof » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:17 pm

I like this new screens! Graphics good selected , great design , everything is in order. I see no error. Good job :D

sezixor
Blooper
Blooper

Postby sezixor » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:22 pm

It's great to see new progress on this. The levels look creative and really fun to play. I especially love water levels so I am looking forward to testing this world when you finish it.

SuperMario7
Flurry
Flurry

Postby SuperMario7 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:59 am

Natsu: Thanks for your comment! The ruin tileset not having outlines bothers me too TBH, so I might make one with outlines but IDK.

shinbison/sezixor: Thanks for your nice comments as well! They are very appreciated.

Return to “Projects”