Interdimensional Rift (Vinesauce Level Contest)

For the levels that stand out among the rest.
Vinyl Scratch
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench
Flair: The God Emperor of SMBXkind

Interdimensional Rift (Vinesauce Level Contest)

Postby Vinyl Scratch » Tue May 26, 2015 2:02 pm

This is literally the first legit level I've uploaded since Temporal Tower, and that was like a year ago or something. Like Temporal Tower and every other level after it, there's a secret Valtteri bossfight somewhere in each of my levels. Don't worry though, unlike Temporal Tower, this one is actually findable by someone who has no knowledge of the level whatsoever.

Download

All the graphics except 2 of the Valtteri related ones are made by myself
All the graphics are recolored by me to fit the theme of the level

glitch4
Banned

Re: Interdimensional Rift (Vinesauce Level Contest)

Postby glitch4 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:24 am

Interdimensional Rift by Vinyl Scratch - Review

The level started to have some intereting gimminick and I liked it very much, it was a cool concept by the way, but the problem is that the gameplay was a bit short. Placements, such as NPCs, moving backgrounds, are prety good. The difficulty was fair. Midpoint was okay to put in the first screen, because for multiple exits, and as for them, it was a good idea, since it makes level a bit more interesting. Also the Valtteri bossfight was cool. Graphics are good and the design was very great, such as the 'elevator' one, where you reach up the exit by vertically moving platform. Overall, the level was pretty awesome and I enjoy it.

Good:
- Placement was okay.
- Cool concepts.
- Great atmosphere.
- Graphics are great.
- Great design.
- Fair difficulty.

Bad:
- Gameplay was a bit short.

9/10

PixelPest
Raccoon Mario
Raccoon Mario
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Re: Interdimensional Rift (Vinesauce Level Contest)

Postby PixelPest » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:26 pm

I found this level okay but it was very short and nothing really over-the-top. The graphics were very intriguing but the level design itself seemed very basic. The elevator section was alright but nothing very interesting and the NPCs (especially grinders) often glitched and jumped around through the bricks, often causing the loss of a power-up or life. I liked that there were multiple exits and the Valtteri boss was hilarious, but the Birdo boss was pretty lame. All you had to do was sprint and jump right over the boss and land on the axe. The power-ups were also placed too closely together which made the level even easier. Overall the level seemed pretty easy and the non-linear gameplay was pretty boring except for the Valterri battle, though the graphics were quite different and intriguing.
My Rating: 8.0/10

Return to “The Best”