Squishy Rex's CGFX Pack v1.8

Share and discuss custom SMBX graphics.
Squishy Rex
Pronouns: he/him

Squishy Rex's CGFX Pack v1.8

Postby Squishy Rex » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:57 pm

Here's a Christmas gift from me to you all, v1.8 is now out and ready to go! Unlike previous versions, v1.8 takes on a whole new, more modern form. This is also experimental, so we shall see if it works for everyone or not soon enough. Basically, this GFX Pack is fully online, via OneDrive's PC Link system. Essentially this will allow real-time updates, with around the clock access to my GFX Pack even during the update process! Also by experimental I basically mean this is how the Community GFX Pack will function when it is released. This will basically trial the concept to see how it fairs. I'll upload some new screens and of course the very final Support Bar for all you guys very soon. In the meantime enjoy the update, and of course, Merry Christmas! :D

Here's some more major Pros:
-New content readily available almost every other day.
-You only have to download what you want as opposed to the whole pack with each update, though this can still be done!
-Real-time updates
-Down-time minimized
Etc.

All GFXs in v1.0 - v1.2 that are of bad quality have all been updated. All previous version screenshots are purely referential for their corresponding downloads. For the first time ever, you can download the previous versions of my GFX Pack and check out its evolution, though no GFX have been removed, so if you want everything then just download v1.8.

Pack Information:
Size: 56.6 MB
Size on Disk: 99.5 MB
Files: 16,118
Folders: 3,844

Gallery:
v1.0 & v1.1
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
v1.2
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
v1.3
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
v1.4 & v1.5
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
v1.6
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
v1.7
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Downloads: Support this GFX Pack!
CODE: SELECT ALL

Code: Select all

[url=http://www.smbxgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1328][img]http://i.imgur.com/kplxD4c.png[/img][/url]
Please enjoy and give credit for anything you use. Feel free to use them for any non-SMBX fangames you are creating too. Have fun!
Last edited by Squishy Rex on Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:51 am, edited 10 times in total.

Shinbison-Kof
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Re: Squishy Rex's CGFX Pack v1.5

Postby Shinbison-Kof » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:19 pm

Really, you is one of the best 'graphic design'  I've ever seen! *---*
All so well detailed and perfect. Although there are some things that are strange in SMBX, or has a strange shading. But all the graphics are perfect. Good job! :D

xtremegamer51

Postby xtremegamer51 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:29 pm

OH.MY.GOD!
Squishy rex you have done it again!You have givin us some more amazing gfx,you know bye now I actually think you deserve an award.Well theres noting much else to say other then,bravo.

reghrhre
Rocky Wrench
Rocky Wrench

Postby reghrhre » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:55 pm

Oh yay, an update! I was looking for this GFX pack just yesterday but clearly, I had no luck. It's great to see this back! I'll definitely be sure to use some of the things.

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Postby RudeGuy » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:28 am

Oh, wow! You are the most good graphics maker!

Eternity
Snifit
Snifit

Postby Eternity » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:45 am

Wow, this looks awesome! I just LOVE the new tilesets, and the custom enemies also look great. Definitely using some of those, great job! :3

moemoe02

Postby moemoe02 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:00 am

Hello. what is this? do I see screenshots that have lots if artwork based on enimies, this looks really talented, downloading now! :D I can't wait too see all the rest of the art you made after the download ;)

Kingbowser112
Buster Beetle
Buster Beetle

Postby Kingbowser112 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:15 am

WOW! I LIKE ALL YOUR SCREEENS! THEY'RE VERY GOOD! GOOD BYE LIFE, NOW I'VE A SUPER-IPER PACK FOR MY GAME!

ElTipsta
Lakitu
Lakitu
Pronouns: she/her

Postby ElTipsta » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:25 am

Wow, I'm really impressed by this update, I'll certainly be using these. Also, the "SM3DLand Beach Background" in the GFX Recovery folder was made by yours truly (myself) a while ago.

BabyWeegee
Dolphin
Dolphin

Postby BabyWeegee » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:55 pm

Looking great as always, Squishy. Loving the update.

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:05 pm

Can you please ask Lxnuir to allow you to use Rolling Hills? It's no fair that you can't release them after recoloring so many BGOs.
EDIT: You know that Small Bowser you wanted to remake? Here is the sprite sheet.
http://mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&par ... 1&id=21165

Veudekato

Postby Veudekato » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:46 am

i see what many very big.nice ice tiles.king bill is very cool. nice graphics!

Valtteri
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Valtteri » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:15 am

Image Image
The unused castle graphic from SMB3 for the NES and the ice tileset. I made those exact same graphics for Mushroom Robbers: Revisited and Valtteri Island: Revisited. Are you presenting them as your pack's content or are they there just to complement the other graphics seen in those screens?

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo

Postby zlaker » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:38 am

What?! Isn't this the project forum? Nah I'm just joking. To be really honest with you Squishy; THIS IS AMAZING! The graphics looks just too epic for me to download. I loved that you made sprites of official artworks which I'll be definitely use for my project. The new tileset and NPCs is awesome and it looks pretty neat. But I think I've seen the ice tileset in one of the screenshots before. I may be wrong though. But besides still love your GFX and keep up the good work!

Squishy Rex

Postby Squishy Rex » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:24 am

Valtteri wrote:
Image Image
The unused castle graphic from SMB3 for the NES and the ice tileset. I made those exact same graphics for Mushroom Robbers: Revisited and Valtteri Island: Revisited. Are you presenting them as your pack's content or are they there just to complement the other graphics seen in those screens?
The Penguin Mario one was from a level I was making with your ice tileset for Utopia. It isn't included though I probably should have specified that. Anything in the screens not made by me would be due to being levels for Utopia that are using 1 or more GFXs made by me. As for the Unused Ghost House level, I found it on The Cutting Room for and decided to revamp it, using the SMB3 Fortress's shading to make it fit exactly with the other SMB3-styled level points. You can see it in a early Beta screenshot of Utopia's Desert World. I wasn't aware that anyone else had already made it. I suppose the only way to tell them apart would be the shading, I mean surely that can't be identical.

Here's the Beta Screen:

Zant
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Zant » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:20 am

Looks great, though i'd suggest u putting vines instead of ladders.

Valtteri
Van De Graf
Van De Graf

Postby Valtteri » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:43 am

Squishy Rex wrote:The Penguin Mario one was from a level I was making with your ice tileset for Utopia. It isn't included though I probably should have specified that. Anything in the screens not made by me would be due to being levels for Utopia that are using 1 or more GFXs made by me. As for the Unused Ghost House level, I found it on The Cutting Room for and decided to revamp it, using the SMB3 Fortress's shading to make it fit exactly with the other SMB3-styled level points. You can see it in a early Beta screenshot of Utopia's Desert World. I wasn't aware that anyone else had already made it. I suppose the only way to tell them apart would be the shading, I mean surely that can't be identical.

Here's the Beta Screen:
I see. Yeah, we shaded the level a tad differently, but we both used colors from the other fortress graphic in SMB3 for the SNES.

Image Image

But that's not an issue, people get the same ideas all the time. I've seen many other people attempt 16-bit rendering unused NES graphics taken from The Cutting Room Floor. :P Good luck with your pack, it's looking great!

Squishy Rex

Postby Squishy Rex » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:02 am

I have found an error in one of the custom Backgrounds I made, it is called "Foo's Floaty Fogway BG" and is found in the SMB3 Backgrounds section. The issue is that for some reason I made it the wrong size and therefore will not work at all. Here is a replacement that does work. Sorry for the inconvenience. Hopefully there are no more problems, though if you find any please let me know and I will fix them. The v1.6 update will see a complete overhaul, so things like this will be not be a problem.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zup68 ... hy_Rex.zip

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Postby RudeGuy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:17 pm

The foreground pipe in the SMW section have some graphics that doesn't work. Also you must fix the code of the NES Chain Chomp prototype in the SMB3 section.

FanofSMBX
Mouser
Mouser

Postby FanofSMBX » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:21 pm

1. The SMW horizontal bill has a cutoff effect.
2. Why do Skipsqueak and Spiny Skipsqueak replace same thing, then you can't use them together. But they're both in the logo!
3. Also the spiny Skipsqueak can be killed by spin jump.
4. Why does the 3 frames mecha Koopa have a TWO frame effect?
5. The Geyser Guppy has a strange effect, it is different emotion depending on if you kill it left or right.
6. Molts the Very Goonie is missing an effect.
7. Boss Pokey is missing an effect.
Congratulations on so few bugs!

Return to “Graphics”